View post (touchy topic....just wondering)

View thread

magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/21/2006 10:44 pm
Ok guys I'm gonna lay it out for you.

I do not believe in any God that man has created. I think the God's and religion man has created came out of necessity for order. That's fine and it still applies today and quite frankly we could use more people who live thier life by the Bible. I respect people who live by the teachings of the Bible. The hardline people who take the Bible as pure truth however I just don't get. I hear alot of you posting about if there is no God what is the meaning of life? Well it's simple and if you have kids someday you will know the purpose of life. Continuation of the species. Now, being a species of moderate intelligence we should as a civilization be able to mold our path. Right now we are in turmoil. Everybody wants something different. I personally would enjoy a world government geared toward feeding everyone and making sure everyone is helping towards a common goal. I think that common goal should be space travel to other planets. If we stay here and destroy ourselves then there was no point our civilization. It kinda takes the wind out of the sails of religious text when not one mentions traveling to space. Does God expect us just to stay here? I would think not. Our destiny is our own. Collectively as a people if we don't work together in common goals as human beings we are all doomed. Whether it be trying to all work together to eradicate hunger or Aids or whatever else. Money is always a problem it seems. What no one seems to understand is that money is an illusion. If it were not for money and religion I think the sky would be the limit for our race. We are too greedy in that we only care about what is best for our country, our town, our family. We don't care what is best for the human race as a whole. This my friends will be our downfall. The rich don't want a change. The poor really don't have a say in anything.The middle class well we're just living and that seems to be ok with everyone. I'm embarrassed for the people of Earth. We go around all self important when we don't realize one way or another nothing we do will matter. The only things that will matter is either when we get to the point where we nuke ourselves back to the stoneage or a leader arises that can talk some sense into the power hungry idiots who keep us working to half our potential. That will be the turning point in our evolution. Until then we can all sit around and talk about how pointless life seems.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons