View post (touchy topic....just wondering)

View thread

earthman buck
earthman buck
09/21/2006 9:48 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60If man just 'happened' to appear on earth through some astronomical percentage play and there was no life before and no life after then why are we here? What's the point? Why do we have laws? Why do we love? Why do we hate? Why do we create?[/QUOTE]
If we appeared as living creatures in the random process you have described, then there is no meaning to our existence. It was luck (or maybe a lack thereof), simple as that.

[QUOTE=acapella]I think that satanism is mostly just an excuse for people to do whatever they want and be jerks. The main appeal of satanism is that it promotes all the things that christianity says you shouldn't do, like casual sex, violence, pretty much do anything that you want and don't worry about a thing. Of course, it is only logical for satanism to promote sin, I mean, isn't that kind of how he's supposed to get your soul? And then, a lot of people just do it to be cool. The only thing seems pretty stupid and childish to me. I guess you could call it a religion, but it seems like more the abscense of one.

I don't think that's quite what Satanism is, but I may be wrong. From what I've read on Wikipedia about Satanism, I think it basically works on the idea that there is no God, there is only yourself, and therefore you are your own personal God. A main principle of Satanism is doing what makes you feel good, as it appeases your 'personal God.' For some people, that could be "being a jerk," as you put it, but not all.