Help!!!

mmcintosh
mmcintosh
09/17/2006 11:31 pm
Just wanna know if someone can give me some advice, ive got a band going and i have a problem with our singer, we are working on original music and the music side of things is going great, the problem is that each week the singer comes to band practice without getting any futher with his lyrics we have had about 6 practices in the last month and he always has excuses for not having any eg: (i cant write over the verse ) or hes in no rush blah blah blah
the rest of the band wanna get somewhere and do originals but this pace we will never do it. We have asked him if he needs help with lyrics we are all more than happy to, but he just picks our lyrics to pieces and never comes forward with his own, he really loves covers though so really i think his hearts not in the music, he thinks there is no rush but im 26 ya know i wanna do it ....he likes to talk about doing it ... i dunno someone send me ya thoughts ...hes a good singer but its like having a girlfriend in the band i have a girlfriend and even she thinks hes high maintenece .. its hard cause ive been friends with him for like 15 years and his brother is in the band, his brother is more mature than him its amazing cause hes 26 and his brothers 20
i dunno i just wanna be in a good band help!!!
# 1
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
09/18/2006 1:30 am
i guess in situations like these, u really have not much of a choice than to just talk to him...tell him that ur really serious abt this and that he shud reciprocate..of course its never easy aying this to a friend that uve known for 15 yrs...but at some point ud have to..
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 2
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
09/18/2006 2:26 am
My band was having similar problems dude, and it sucks.

At practise me and the keyboard playa would have to entertain ourselves while the drummer and bass player took extended smoke pot and hang out with friends breaks :mad: .

So....we had a talk. Said-no more friends here, lets get something done.

My suggestion is write your own lyrics, and if he picks them apart, ask him for some himself. Don't get me wrong, covers are important if you want to play shows, so maybe you guys can strike a happy medium.

I don't see the point of doing all covers considering how rewarding making your own music is.

Anways, good luck with sorting this all out. Peace.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 3
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
09/18/2006 2:33 am
IMO, they lyrics don't have to be left up entirly to the singer, especially if he's getting nowhere. Also, critique his singing, is it good enough that your willing to put a hold on your band because he can't come up with lyrics and won't take suggestions.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 4
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/18/2006 7:09 pm

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 5
pizzicatopicker
pizzicatopicker
09/18/2006 7:38 pm
Well, I guess its all about your position. If he is an amazing singer or the best you can find due to what ever reason, keep him, though try and try to push him. If he;s ok, though not the only option thats availible to you, then well, you know. To me hr really doesnt seem into it, and if you want to write with serious musicians, than I say get someone else. Thats just me...
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.