View post (Satch and Vai)

View thread

Lao_Tzu
Lao_Tzu
09/21/2006 7:05 pm
ive learnt thru joe satriani and actually watching his vidoes and reading this website that. when he teaches he teaches how to be you and not how to be him. he makes it so that when ur playing the guitar he makes sure that he makes u play with ur hands nad not his if u get my meaning. read www.foreverjoe.com.

my main and most important influence is lao tzu and chaung Tzu there not musicians but if they were there music would still be echoing now. which it is thru there books.

as for a guitar god i agree with joe satriani when he said about this magazine " there calling me a guitar god, what can i do with that? its no use to me." ;) always a practical thinker.

ive also realised that slowing down to around 60 bpm's to work out what is comfortable
REALLY helps what your doing. it should never be about chops or fast playing which ive come to realize now. its what suits you as a player. for progress u must slow down in order to speed up as once a wise person taught me. ive just seen a huge difference in my playing from slowing down and getting it right. than doing a 1000and notes and getting it wrong. i agree with joe when he says quality over quantity. because ur cultivating good playing. i think that playing should be a way to relax if it doesnt relax u then ur doing it wrong.

i would like some feedback on these principles because im trying real hard to get my head around starting .