Lay Lady Lay, the Dylan Tune

EL34XYZ
Pipelayers local 309
EL34XYZ
Pipelayers local 309
09/01/2006 7:19 pm
This tune has been running around my brain for 30 years, or however long it has been out.

The Nashville Skyline album is still one of my top favorite albums to this day.

I did an instrumental version of Lay Lady Lay so I could get it out of my brain for now.

Let me know if the levels are ok or if something is too loud or too soft.
This is mix #1
Lay Lady Lay - mix 1

The tone chain is
My 80's Strat
into my Hoffman AB763 2x10 combo
into the Palmer Speaker simulator
into the computer sound card.
Recorded with Mixcraft
Beatcraft for the drums
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/02/2006 12:17 am
everything sounds great to me! Not my cup of tea, but I still enjoy listening to your tracks. You do a great job.

How do you like the Palmer, as opposed to using guitar rig for your cabinet simulations? Especially when using just a preamp. I've got a Peavey Rockmaster preamp that I love, but sometimes find it sounding a little thin... I'm guessing the missing link is the lack of power tube coloration. I had been running it into a PODxt, and then to a Behringer DEQ2496 EQ, and then to my soundcard. This sounds great, and with the EQ, I can make it sound like almost anything I want. However, there's still that something missing. I then tried running the RM straight to my soundcard, and then through GR. It takes a lot of work, but I'm able to get it sounding pretty darn good, but there was still that something missing.... I then ran it through the SVT bass amp model, then into UK 60's tall 4x12, a UK 80's 4x12, and then a 4x10 bass-vt cab. This got pretty close to adding the something that was missing, but it's still not there. It's fun to play with though.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
EL34XYZ
Pipelayers local 309
EL34XYZ
Pipelayers local 309
09/02/2006 12:54 pm
Thanks PRS,

I use the palmer PGA-04 for recording real live tube amps, it a power soak and a direct line out with filters so that you can inject a line level signal right into the sound card line in.

Two things that make The PGA-04 awesome.
No microphones to deal with, the amp is totally silent.
The filters inside the Palmer are first class, it sounds like the real amp, not a line out on an amp and you can dial in several of the Palmers filters to suit the amp and your taste.

I use Guitar rig more for overdriven sounds. It has plenty of clean sounds but so far they do not compare to my real tube amps. GR is just so easy and fast to record with once you set up all your custom sounds.

Well maybe if I fooled around with GR some more on clean sounds, I could come up with something, but I have a large stack of real tube amps here and I have to fire them up once in a while to justify owning them. :rolleyes:
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.