View post (Lay Lady Lay, the Dylan Tune)

View thread

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/02/2006 12:17 am
everything sounds great to me! Not my cup of tea, but I still enjoy listening to your tracks. You do a great job.

How do you like the Palmer, as opposed to using guitar rig for your cabinet simulations? Especially when using just a preamp. I've got a Peavey Rockmaster preamp that I love, but sometimes find it sounding a little thin... I'm guessing the missing link is the lack of power tube coloration. I had been running it into a PODxt, and then to a Behringer DEQ2496 EQ, and then to my soundcard. This sounds great, and with the EQ, I can make it sound like almost anything I want. However, there's still that something missing. I then tried running the RM straight to my soundcard, and then through GR. It takes a lot of work, but I'm able to get it sounding pretty darn good, but there was still that something missing.... I then ran it through the SVT bass amp model, then into UK 60's tall 4x12, a UK 80's 4x12, and then a 4x10 bass-vt cab. This got pretty close to adding the something that was missing, but it's still not there. It's fun to play with though.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<