View post (For those about to quit...)

View thread

Emetic
Emetic
09/12/2006 11:46 am
I've always wanted to play the guitar (since I was 11 to be exact), but I never could do it on my own so I found a guitar teacher when I turned 17. Well, needless to say, a lot of crap happened in my life after only learning a few chords. I was just getting into barre chords and rythym and then my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer and I had to stop going. I couldn't concentrate on the lessons, and the Social Anxiety already interfered with the lessons as it was. Not to mention I had a really pervy teacher. :mad:

Two years later, I'm trying to give this thing a go again, but I still feel like I can't teach myself. I have SA so the idea of getting a teacher and going out in public is pretty scary. I feel like giving up right now, but I would never forgive myself if I gave up this early on. I want this to be the one thing in my life I don't give up on. So, even when I feel discouraged, I pick up the guitar and play around with it while watching tv. Just holding it can be comforting at times.