View post (For those about to quit...)

View thread

findinghomer
findinghomer
08/19/2006 3:16 pm
you know, being a newb ive felt like this before, but its because i was studying tabs, and learning songs, not theory or scales or any of that mumbo . Its more inspiring to continue when your actually playing songs. However being that tabs are created by different people, sometimes i would get stuck mid -tab when i played what they tabbed, and it didnt sound correct, maybe because of lack of rhythmn or the tab just seemed wrong. that was untill i purchased guitar pro. this program is awesome! although i only truely know basic chords, i can download a tab, use guitar pro to hear the tab as it was tabbed out with the beat/ rhythmn to see if it sounds right. even change the instument of that tab! go from electric to acoustic and hear how it would sound acoustic. If it sounds good, i study it, learn the chord transistions and boom i can play it :) alot of the time i dont even know what chords im playing, but i can still play the song. and to me right now thats what keeps me motivated. i think about my guitar when im not playing it. im always excited to get back to it, and work on that song. later i will get some literature and learn theory, and everything else about the guitar. being that im self-taught some will probably say that this is not the way to go about it, but it keeps me highly motivated to learn this complicated instument, and so far its working. ive learned more in the last 3 months than i did in the past year since i got this program. quick results = mucho motivation