View post (For those about to quit...)

View thread

jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
08/16/2006 4:22 pm
GreenSleves? Greensleves! Whats wrong with that? I learned to play it way back in '87 I just called it "Love me Tender" by Elvis ..... OH CRAP!!! ...quick get the napster and MPA Police and sue Elvis' Ghost and his current estate!!! :D

Just kidding.

Really though. Greensleves, Ode to Joy, and Twinkle Twinkle Little star are still things I teach some of my students. But these students tend to be in the 8-11 year old range and it is easier teaching them this than, the 4 finger exercise for strength and helps them recognize notes on the fretboard and music notation. Plus it focuses on fewer stings but gets them playing "something they know". I would not recomend or try to teach an older student these things -- unless the age is over 30 and they are starting as a newbie. Has something to do with the mentality of each age group and attention span and sometimes it is purely the individual that wants to learn.

Any whoo. Just wondered about all the "greensleve" bashing ;)

******EDIT! BrainFart! I was thinking "Aura Lee" vs. "love me tender". Recomend not to types posts when "on hold"*******
Sorry bout that :(
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I reject your reality and substitue my own[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]BYAAAAAAAAAAAH![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]But it goes to eleven....[/FONT]