View post (For those about to quit...)

View thread

bunmiadefisayo
bunmiadefisayo
08/16/2006 1:50 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckI gotta say, I'm on the verge of quitting myself. In a way, I guess I already have. I never really play guitar anymore. I pick mine up about 30 times throughout the day and just hold it. If I do feel inspired to play a note, it buzzes and I quit.

Today I practiced the A major scale for 5 minutes and found it challenging. And this after taking lessons for 3 years.

Los depression.

LMAO :D

Sorry i know its not funny but i went thru that same phase a while back. I would pick up the guitar, strum a chord, hear a buzz and be like "Screw this man!!". THen i'd drop the guitar and be morose for the entire day. Indeed there is nothing new under the sun :).

As far as quitiing Polansky, dont. Its like the others have been saying, learn to play the type of songs you want to play. I also started taking lessons with this one guy but he was teaching me how to read notes (which i already know since ive been playing paino for close to 7 yrs) and play songs like "Greensleeves" and or whatever the hell its called and "Amazing Grace". After a while i was like "screw this!" and started taking jazz guitar lessons. I already knew my theory so they went well and now im happy (somewhat) with my playing.

Point is man, learn what you want. I dont think Steve Vai, Satriani of B. King started off with "Greensleves" :mad: