Herman Li is one if not the best Guitarist in metal today. :D
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/04/2006 10:12 pm
I have to agree that they are indeed good. Unfortunatly, after listening to the album, I have to say alot of the songs sound too much alike. Other than that, yeah, they're pretty good.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Fret spider
Fret spider
08/04/2006 10:37 pm
i like em too. i got all three albums. sonci firestorm is my favorite
# 3
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
08/05/2006 4:06 am
Herman and Sam can tear it up pretty well, but I get sick of hearing guitarists who are CONSTANTLY tearing it up :(. ZP is a pretty good singer, though.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 4
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
08/09/2006 12:54 am
Just saw them at ozzfest on sunday. I'm not sure how they got on the main stage, cuz they sure as crap didnt deserve it. The singer was quite a pussy...he kept trying to get people to stand up in the seats and get crazy (but the crowd clearly wasn't really diggin the band) and kept talking during the musical breaks. Then after the set he says "f*** you" to the audience. Herman and Sam are great guitarists, but as far as im concerned, theyve gotta prove themselves here in the States. I respect their musicians, but that singer is a litle fairy.
# 5
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/09/2006 1:25 am
I really didn't like them live either. Then again, it was right after Ozzy when they played and no matter who you are that's a tough act to follow. I dunno how it works where you seen them but at the Journal Pavilion in Albuquerque it was outdoors in the New Mexico heat and everyone had to walk up to a different area to get to the main stage so you figure 15,000-20,000 people were up walking around during thier whole set. Even by the time they were done i don't think half the people were situated. So under all those circumstances they never really had a chance.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6
alucard0941
alucard0941
08/09/2006 2:20 am
I like their music, but they dont seem to have matured enough to become a respectable band.
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 7
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
08/09/2006 4:18 pm
It really surprises me that Roadrunner Records went out and signed these guys. They've always signed kick-ass metal bands (i.e. Trivium, Slipknot, Obituary, Killswitch Engage, Cradle of Filth, etc...) and now these guys? majicninja hit it on the head with the heat factor and supersceding ozzy's set, but still all they do is play extremely fast while the singer shrieks like a little girl
# 8
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
08/09/2006 7:33 pm
Originally Posted by: Homebrew1709It really surprises me that Roadrunner Records went out and signed these guys. They've always signed kick-ass metal bands (i.e. Trivium, Slipknot, Obituary, Killswitch Engage, Cradle of Filth, etc...) and now these guys?

I think power metal is turning into big business these days. Roadrunner probably looked at how popular it was in Europe, with all these dozens of little record companies making a bundle thanks to an army of bands who can make it big just by aping Iced Earth, and thought, "We want some of that! Quick, let's sign a power metal group!" And if you're looking for really over-the-top, cult-following-inducing power metal, you can't go past Dragonforce. Such is life.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 9
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
08/10/2006 5:49 pm
I dunno, I like them...I think Herman Li is an awesome player...but I see where you guys are coming from...they certainly areent my fav band (probably because I dont like power metal) and I'm not about to buy an album...but I will watch Herman Li play whenever I get the chance
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 10
Superhuman
Superhuman
08/18/2006 6:55 pm
Listen to their cd's and they sound amazing, see them actually playing guitar on front of you without the benefit of ProTools splicing every note and run and they suck soooo bad. Live they sound pretty tame compared to their cd's and the reason is that there are mistakes all over the place that you can't easily discern because of the ammount of delay used and the sheer volume of the PA and stacks on stage. If you don't believe me check this video out. That guy Li's arpeggios are so sloppy and the finger tapping sequences are just plain woeful.
If Dragon Force is your favourite band don't watch this!
:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2qY_Rn_qKs&mode=related&search=

They have good ideas but the music is so processed that they simply cannot play it cleanly in a live situation. Doesn't mean they are bad musicians (they did have to compose the music in the first place), just not amazing guitarists (as far as execution and technical abilty goes).
# 11
alucard0941
alucard0941
08/18/2006 7:58 pm
Originally Posted by: SuperhumanListen to their cd's and they sound amazing, see them actually playing guitar on front of you without the benefit of ProTools splicing every note and run and they suck soooo bad. Live they sound pretty tame compared to their cd's and the reason is that there are mistakes all over the place that you can't easily discern because of the ammount of delay used and the sheer volume of the PA and stacks on stage. If you don't believe me check this video out. That guy Li's arpeggios are so sloppy and the finger tapping sequences are just plain woeful.
:

They have good ideas but the music is so processed that they simply cannot play it cleanly in a live situation. Doesn't mean they are bad musicians (they did have to compose the music in the first place), just not amazing guitarists (as far as execution and technical abilty goes).

Omg dude...was that for serious, or a joke? From that, i conclude Superhuman is a much better shredder than Herman Li.
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 12
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
08/18/2006 9:51 pm
Originally Posted by: SuperhumanListen to their cd's and they sound amazing, see them actually playing guitar on front of you without the benefit of ProTools splicing every note and run and they suck soooo bad. Live they sound pretty tame compared to their cd's and the reason is that there are mistakes all over the place that you can't easily discern because of the ammount of delay used and the sheer volume of the PA and stacks on stage. If you don't believe me check this video out. That guy Li's arpeggios are so sloppy and the finger tapping sequences are just plain woeful.
:

Yea, that was pretty bad. I'll take playing it clean and slow over fast and sloppy any ol' day of the week.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 13
alucard0941
alucard0941
08/18/2006 10:01 pm
A real Am7 arpeggio... ;)
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 14
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
08/18/2006 11:45 pm
i saw those guys on comcast guitar lessons.....i thought it was awful....i'm so glad someone posted it ...what a joke
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 15
Superhuman
Superhuman
08/19/2006 12:49 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraThat was awful!

Although I do lmao at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s10s7vsBU4o&mode=related&search=

Man that was hilarious! Makes a lot of sense after watching that DF video first :D
# 16
Superhuman
Superhuman
08/19/2006 12:50 pm
Originally Posted by: alucard0941A real Am7 arpeggio... ;)

Now that guy knows how to play!
# 17

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.