ibanez's stock pickups... eh?

sixstringshredda
sixstringshredda
08/16/2001 5:25 am
hey everyone,

i bought an Ibanez S370, great guitar, i love everything about it, but the pickups arent GREAT. Which isnt to be expected or anything, just from their stock, and most guys wouldnt even notice, but im a big tone freak and i think i could opt for some better pickups.

what i want to know is what will sound good in my guitar. as pickups have different effects on different bodies of guitars, i want to make sure these suckers will sound good in the slim body of an "S."

The current configuration is a humbucker at bridge, single coil in the middle, and humbucker at neck.

I'm going for low noise, high output, blazing distortion sound, but something that can also provide a nice, sustaining clean.

I've been hearing great things about duncans, quad rails, and EMGs. Can anyone tell me what would probably sound good in my guitar and also meet the needs of my preferred sound?

thanks to all

tony
the prettiest white daisies
soaking up the red...
she always loved daisies;
but they look more like roses now...
# 1
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
08/16/2001 7:47 pm
I suggest you take a look at their websites and decide for yourself. As far as EMGs' go, they'll sound like EMGs' no matter what guitar you put them in.
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.