holy crapo

iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
08/02/2006 12:21 am
My friend's mom, who is the party house mom, might be going to jail for two years. She has been pulled over multiple times with DUI's and she drives on a suspended license. On top of that she's a convicted felon (for what, I don't know). I've known her for a long time, that'd be weird... I've never known anyone who has gone to a jail beyond just staying a night over or having to go bail my dad out a few times.
I know why she has a suspended license, but its stupid. The reason they get pulled over is because a tail light out on one of their cars and they have no money to fix it. The only reason they drive is to get to work or get groceries (when they can).
Ah well, she probably had it coming to her. Hopefully she'll only go for 12 days and not two years.

# 1
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
08/02/2006 12:30 am
It sucks why she lost her license...but dui's...come on.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 2
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
08/02/2006 12:34 am
If this woman has had multiple DUI's.. she definately has had more warning than I would have given her...

I have lost too many friends to drinking and driving... and trust me... No one ever thinks they are going to kill someone or ruin someones life when they get behind the wheel... But I don't think people should be allowed to gamble with other peoples lives...

So I think she is getting what she deserves... She obviously hasn't learned from her mistakes..
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 3
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
08/02/2006 12:45 am
pfft runs in the family and friends :D ...yay for drink driving!
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 4
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
08/02/2006 3:06 am
Yeah, she probably does deserve it... I still feel bad for her. Probably because she's the only person who will get me liquor or beer whenever for free.

# 5
aschleman
aschleman
08/02/2006 11:00 am
Haha... I'm going to SOUND hipocritical right now, but in truth... I didn't start drinking until I was in college...

It sounds like she's setting a great example for the young adults that look up to her (for alcohol)... Maybe you seeing her be disciplined for her actions will help you better understand the responsibilities that go along with drinking?? Hope so... wouldn't want to lose a GT member because of a drunk driving accident......... which leads me to..... story time!!!!

I had a friend in high school whose mom and dad were cool like that as well... They always let us come over and drink... even though I never really drank, I always had baseball or basketball the next day... We had a nice pool house that we turned into a sweet hangout for all our friends... We called it the "Green Room" (ironically in memory of one of our friends named Joey Green that was killed on a 4-wheeler)The only stipulation they had was that we had to stay if we drank... Well... one particular weekend two of my friends got wasted and decided that they were going to go pick up some girls... at 1:30 in the morning after drinking all night. Byron didn't want to drive his truck so Austin decided he would drive Byrons truck... Austin ended up rolling it 4 times, ejecting Byron from the vehicle and killing him... Austin ended up getting charged with vehicular manslaughter and is served a 2 year sentence in prison.

The moral... it's not always somebody that you don't know that gets killed in a drunk driving accident... Imagine killing your best friend... So all GT'ers be smart!!!!! I learned my lesson the hard way too... (awhile back I posted about an accident I was in while riding with a friend who had been drinking a little... but by no means "drunk"). It does happen!!!!!
# 6
ren
ren
08/02/2006 12:32 pm
I hope she gets 2 years.... only wish it could be longer.

Convicted felon, multiple DUI, driving on a suspended license with a tail light out.... If she isn't jailed for anything else, maybe stupidity of this level should be a criminal offence in it's own right. :mad:

I became acquainted with Orange County police recently (don't ask!) and found they really enjoy their work... give the police an excuse, and they're gonna pull you over.

I assume driving on a suspended license means you have no insurance as well? I also lost a friend to a drunk driver, and have no sympathy at all. Maybe when she gets sent down she'll finally set an appropriate example to your friends...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 7
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
08/02/2006 1:01 pm
I don't know where in this I implied that I ever drover after drinking (so please don't lecture me on drinking and driving or someone having to set an example for me). Before I drove everyday I'd be in a car with a drunk driver, so it's a lesson I have established myself. But okay, yeah as I said she probably does get whats coming to her. And I never looked at her, nor do I think anyone has, for setting an example.

My uncle was killed by a drunk driver as well. So were two people I knew in high school, while they were drinking and driving. My friend Mike fell of a cliff while drunk. And my two friends just got in a car wreck because they were high. So everyone has their own stories.

And there is a difference between stupidity and poverty by the way.

# 8
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
08/02/2006 1:26 pm
Driving with a bummed taillight... understandable. I've done it myself without knowing (until I was pulled over lol). Being a convicted felon and driving drunk, after previously having your license suspended because of multiple DUI's... STUPID! No if's, an's, or but's about it. Sounds like this person needs to grow up, and learn what responsibility is. Spending all your money on alcohol instead of necessities (like a taillight) is just plain dumb.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 9
ren
ren
08/02/2006 1:52 pm
Sorry holly - wasn't attempting a lecture and I never made the jump that you did it... I was going for the fact that a mother buying alcohol for minors and being an all round 'party mom' isn't the best example to set, whereas going to jail for being a dumbass might help people who know her avoid being dumbasses. Whether or not you look to someone for an example, she's setting one be it positive or negative. I'm not saying I didn't drink as a kid, but when I did I bought it myself.

Yes, there is a difference between stupidity and poverty. If you're poor, you don't drive a car because you can't afford to run one. If you're stupid, you drive a car with a busted tail light whilst on a suspended license when you have a criminal background. :rolleyes:

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 10
Tonja_Renee
Tonja_Renee
08/02/2006 1:55 pm
Fortunately driving is a privilege not a right... so if you can't afford things like gas, maitenance, insurance, etc.. Not to mention following rules ie. driving with a suspended license, drinking while driving, etc... you probably shouldn't drive.
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 11
aschleman
aschleman
08/02/2006 2:22 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyI don't know where in this I implied that I ever drover after drinking (so please don't lecture me on drinking and driving or someone having to set an example for me).

I apollogize of you felt attacked. My message wasn't meant to "lecture" you... or tell you that you need to find better role models. It was suppose to be more of a testimony to the consequences of drunk driving that was directed at the general Guitar Tricks readers... Since there is a decent amount of young members out there... I feel it's important that they read about the consequences of these kind of actions rather than ending up a statistic in 3-4 years.... It's not my intentions to come down on you or anything like that. Sorry...
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.