View post (holy crapo)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
08/02/2006 11:00 am
Haha... I'm going to SOUND hipocritical right now, but in truth... I didn't start drinking until I was in college...

It sounds like she's setting a great example for the young adults that look up to her (for alcohol)... Maybe you seeing her be disciplined for her actions will help you better understand the responsibilities that go along with drinking?? Hope so... wouldn't want to lose a GT member because of a drunk driving accident......... which leads me to..... story time!!!!

I had a friend in high school whose mom and dad were cool like that as well... They always let us come over and drink... even though I never really drank, I always had baseball or basketball the next day... We had a nice pool house that we turned into a sweet hangout for all our friends... We called it the "Green Room" (ironically in memory of one of our friends named Joey Green that was killed on a 4-wheeler)The only stipulation they had was that we had to stay if we drank... Well... one particular weekend two of my friends got wasted and decided that they were going to go pick up some girls... at 1:30 in the morning after drinking all night. Byron didn't want to drive his truck so Austin decided he would drive Byrons truck... Austin ended up rolling it 4 times, ejecting Byron from the vehicle and killing him... Austin ended up getting charged with vehicular manslaughter and is served a 2 year sentence in prison.

The moral... it's not always somebody that you don't know that gets killed in a drunk driving accident... Imagine killing your best friend... So all GT'ers be smart!!!!! I learned my lesson the hard way too... (awhile back I posted about an accident I was in while riding with a friend who had been drinking a little... but by no means "drunk"). It does happen!!!!!