View post (Retrofitting a hardtail for a Kahler or Bigsby)

View thread

Vegas Wierdo
Vegas Wierdo
07/27/2006 7:54 pm
A whammy pedal! :eek:

How is that different from a wah? I've never tried a wah but I've been meaning to check it out.

Would a whammy pedal do everything a Kahler can do? Because if so... then that's what I'll get!!! :D Even if not quite... I just might anyways.

As for Kahlers... from what I understand, their advantages over the Floyd are twofold: you don't have to gouge out a big rear cavity for the fulcrum (it's flat mounted up top, the entire unit is visible on the surface), and the metal and design is of far better quality.

Also, nobody is more experienced than Slayer when it comes to ripping out the speed metal... they still out-shred every Viking symphonic black hole orchestra I've ever heard... so I take their assessments gravely seriously.

Also, I tune the Strat down to C#, because one half step above that and the bridge will bow like a palm tree in a hurricane! I actually prefer D, which is only one whole step below E.

Iommi usually dropped it to C# (originally because of his finger stubs) but he had an SG.