View post (Your favortie band no one else has ever heard of)

View thread

McDuffie
McDuffie
08/06/2006 7:02 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraFeel the love.

Well let me explain why I said that: when the Best Kissers broke up, I heard that Gerald Collier (the singer/songerwriter/guitarist) was putting together a new band, so I stopped by the bar where his room mate worked and dropped off my business card to one of his (the room mate's) coworkers.

A few hours later, I got home and my stepdaughter, who was 12 at the time, was really upset. I asked her what was wrong. She said that someone named Mike or Mark or something (I think it was Mike) had called and said to tell me he is "not going to let this happen" and he was really abusive towards her. He spoke really angrily towards her.

So, unfortunately for Matt or Mike or whatever his name was, my caller ID captured his phone number. This was more than 10 years ago, so caller ID wasn't as common as it is now. I called him back and after I told him who I was, he started in on me saying "how dare you..." I said "HOW DARE I WHAT? ALL I DID WAS TO DROP OFF A BUSINESS CARD FOR YOU TO GIVE TO YOUR ROOM MATE! HE COULD EITHER CALL ME OR THROW IT AWAY!"

I also told him that if he ever dared call my house and yell at my 12 year old kid again I would go down to the Crocodile Cafe and drag him out into the street and beat him to within an inch of his life.

The funniest part of the conversation was the very end when I said "YOU GOT THAT?" and he said "yes" and I said "GOOD! YOU CAN HANG UP NOW." and he hung up without saying a word! :D

I am a very calm person. I will take personal abuse myself, more than I should but when a little sniveling idiot like that calls up and speaks abusively to my kid, man I get pissed.

Anyway, that's my story. And I didn't get the gig, despite talking to Gerald Collier's manager later.

Gee, I wonder why.