View post (The Greasy Knots first gig (seriously!))

View thread

earthman buck
earthman buck
10/20/2006 2:36 pm
Well, it went pretty well. Turns out you GT buggers were right, we had no reason to worry. We played through one of the other bands' amps because ours just weren't going to cut it, and that was really the only problem we encountered. We weren't used to the settings on the amps, and as a result everything sounded a little bit off, with the exception of "Living to Kill." Whenever we practice, it never seems to sound right, but last night it was pretty much perfect. Being unfamiliar with the amps also kinda screwed up my raucous outro to our last song, because I couldn't get it to feed back just right. Also, the second mic was barely picking up any sound, so all the songs I sang sounded like instrumentals. Other than that and a couple of botched solos, no complaints.

But really, no one cared. Everyone said we did great. All the bands were really nice guys, and even though we're not really fans of their kind of music, I have to admit they put on a pretty good show. This guy from Moments of Brilliance told Michael that we sounded great for our first show, and it seemed like we had more experience than we really did, which was cool. This other guy said we reminded him of the Doors, which was even cooler. This girl asked me to sign her purse, and her friend got all 3 of us to sign her crotch-area. Apparently I'm hot.

Oh, I almost forgot. Immediately after our set, this guy ran up to me and handed me a piece of paper. It was an ad for a show at the same place on the 9th of November. He asked if we wanted to play, so we talked it over and decided we might as well.

Yep.