One Man Band

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
07/24/2006 2:25 am
Ok, so this guy isn't famous, but this thread didn't belong anywhere else. But I went to a bar here in town today advertising live blues. I forgot his name already, and actually he wasn't that good. However, I had never seen or heard of someone doing so much at once. He had a strat he played, and on the heel of one foot he had attached a drumstick to hit a snare drum on the floor, while the rest of that same foot worked the pedal of the bass drum. Also attached to the bass drum lever was a string that connected to another drumstick that was rigged to hit a hi-hat. Now with the other foot (which was barefoot) he would hammer down onto the E string of a bass he had laying on the floor. For a few songs he would also put on one of those handsfree harmonica things as well. And for yet another, he didn't use his picking hand at all...instead used it for a ride cymbal and just hammered the chords. And oh yeah...he sang too. Overall it was surprisingly effective, but I think he still needed some polishing on just plain performance, as he would sometimes stop a song to tune or had rythym hiccups. Still, I can barely sing and play at the same time. It was interesting to say the least!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 1
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
07/24/2006 2:55 am
Lol... I would love to see this guy. It's like a circus act. Even if he needed polish it's pretty impressive.
# 2
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
07/25/2006 5:01 am
Originally Posted by: CW14I would love to see this guy :p

Well, yer in luck! I take my lunch breaks on the same street (called The Strand, a historic strip here) and walked past the bar again. They hadn't taken down his flyers with his name on them. So after some searching, I found his website, see.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 3
acapella
acapella
07/28/2006 5:39 am
Bandolini played at the Ex (Red River Exhibition) and he was amazing. He played a guitar, had drums on his back (one foot for bass drum, one for a cymbal and he has a stick for the snare on the head of his guitar), harmonicas and he sang. He sounded better than some of the bands he covered! It was truly amazing.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 4
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/28/2006 10:23 am
Originally Posted by: acapellaBandolini played at the Ex (Red River Exhibition) and he was amazing. He played a guitar, had drums on his back (one foot for bass drum, one for a cymbal and he has a stick for the snare on the head of his guitar), harmonicas and he sang. He sounded better than some of the bands he covered! It was truly amazing.

If it's pronounced Band-alone-eeeee, I think I saw that guy on a tv show called "America Has Talent" last night. They had 5 one man bands. I was pretty impressed with the set up's these creative guys came up with. He did "Hey Good Lookin'" by Hank Williams. He had to do alot of moving around to keep the drums going but he incorporated it well into his show. The Japanese guy who could barely speak English doing "La Bamba" was interesting as well. Anyone else catch this?
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.