View post (One Man Band)

View thread

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
07/24/2006 2:25 am
Ok, so this guy isn't famous, but this thread didn't belong anywhere else. But I went to a bar here in town today advertising live blues. I forgot his name already, and actually he wasn't that good. However, I had never seen or heard of someone doing so much at once. He had a strat he played, and on the heel of one foot he had attached a drumstick to hit a snare drum on the floor, while the rest of that same foot worked the pedal of the bass drum. Also attached to the bass drum lever was a string that connected to another drumstick that was rigged to hit a hi-hat. Now with the other foot (which was barefoot) he would hammer down onto the E string of a bass he had laying on the floor. For a few songs he would also put on one of those handsfree harmonica things as well. And for yet another, he didn't use his picking hand at all...instead used it for a ride cymbal and just hammered the chords. And oh yeah...he sang too. Overall it was surprisingly effective, but I think he still needed some polishing on just plain performance, as he would sometimes stop a song to tune or had rythym hiccups. Still, I can barely sing and play at the same time. It was interesting to say the least!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]