um help?

downwithcheeze
downwithcheeze
07/22/2006 8:43 pm
hi i'm 18 years old and i just got a copy of cubase and im' starting/trying to head down the path into some day having my own recording studio and doing all htis crazy **** myself, the only problem is all of this seems to be so mindblowing to me, even when it seems to be dumbed down, i mean i know a lot about music and i just got a mac so i know nothing about it for the most part, but all this jazz about signals, compression, drum machines, ports, and all the weird mixing boards and just everything confuses the hell outta me, so pretty much all im looking for outta this is some good tutorials/overviews/any useful thing that will help me understand recording better, also wuts the best way to go about recording drum tracks through drum machines and wutnot?
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/22/2006 9:46 pm
Originally Posted by: downwithcheezehi i'm 18 years old and i just got a copy of cubase and im' starting/trying to head down the path into some day having my own recording studio and doing all htis crazy **** myself, the only problem is all of this seems to be so mindblowing to me, even when it seems to be dumbed down, i mean i know a lot about music and i just got a mac so i know nothing about it for the most part, but all this jazz about signals, compression, drum machines, ports, and all the weird mixing boards and just everything confuses the hell outta me, so pretty much all im looking for outta this is some good tutorials/overviews/any useful thing that will help me understand recording better, also wuts the best way to go about recording drum tracks through drum machines and wutnot?

There's several tutorials on multitracking with cubase.
Try these links:
http://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=7452&s_id=58
http://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=6815&s_id=49

Plus, just about every lesson on my Guitar Tricks page has a description of how the recording was done.
# 2
Superhuman
Superhuman
07/24/2006 2:21 pm
Check out the following book, I have bought a few over the years and this is the most usefull. Very handy, never leaves my desktop, it covers everything from beginner right through to complete expert in an easy to understand way. 'Fast Guide to Cubase SX' by Simon Millard
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1870775988/sr=8-4/qid=1153750871/ref=pd_bbs_4/103-5295795-6359817?ie=UTF8
# 3
markc2005
markc2005
07/24/2006 4:43 pm
Originally Posted by: downwithcheezeall this jazz about signals, compression, drum machines, ports, and all the weird mixing boards and just everything confuses the hell outta me

i'd say try and leave all the wierd mixing board etc out to start with and concentrate on becomming competant with cubase, then start on all the weird stuff one at a time until you end up with an arsenal of equipment that will confuse the hell outa everyone except you
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.