Came up with this

glitchead
glitchead
07/19/2006 12:00 pm
Just signed up here..Quite an interesting site.
Am a radiohead freak,I have never given palying guitar or singing thought....
But 1 week ago i got into a fight with my girlfriend over some thing very small which i have been accustomed to though...
However this time it wasnt as it always has been stuff was ugly.

So i go to a bar a few days later,it was almost empty,had about 5 people.
Used to this though,it always has a few people since,indie rock music is not popular in that town or village as we call it.

So am staring at empty sits,my sweating beer bottle and ciggarate burns on my ash try and thinking about the whole drama thing and how it went wrong

So i just picked my phone and wrote this:

A bang at the back of the head
The thought of it eludes your mind
the immense sound of it is staggering
Its such a rush
Its like a glitch in a matrix

U just passed ur prime
No animation(animated)
The air is black
the mind is a bloom
U instinctively know its a mess..

She is more than art
She is nothing u do that thrives
U pay for ur indiscretion.....

That is where i stopped,i walk in the morning looked at it and was surprised.
I could come up with that.

So any one look at this and advise me accordingly,i have been doing alot of writing about this whole thing(break up).
[FONT=Times New Roman]The Gloaming[/FONT]
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
07/19/2006 1:12 pm
Not sure what advice I can give...

But... I did have an eerie experience while reading these lyrics. I was listening to "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd while reading it... then the solo kicked in... and David Gilmours first solo seemed to weave itself into your words and equally convey your message... It was wierd... It was like David Gilmour was trying to say the same thing that you were... And together the point hit me like a ton of bricks... Just thought I'd share that...

The words are decent... a little strung out, but I feel that it conveys a message of confusion/sadness and an almost sense of giving up on yourself... I think the scatter-brain word and phrase choice work well with the message.

Like most lyrics that are posted on this site... they usually don't take their true form until there is music to go along with it. Maybe that's why David Gilmours solo helped me feel what you're feeling.
# 2
glitchead
glitchead
07/19/2006 3:38 pm
Weird aaahhh,
Thanks mate,it just feels you know!!!!dark.
Things the same things happen to everybody.
But this whole thing just made realise how writing can to some extent help you knock the edge off,if ur keyed up in such a situation.

So,i cant play guitar,but i have purchased an acoustic,hey am into this..
Any tricks on how i can learn faster,maybe be able to play about 10 cords by the end of 2 months.
# 3
aschleman
aschleman
07/19/2006 3:49 pm
I think your biggest step forward is joining this site. If you have any questions just ask and someone will surely have an answer for you...

I think you just took your second step by making your own goal...

Learn 10 chords in 2 months.
The next thing is working toward that goal and keeping yourself motivated. I'm not going to lie to you... Learning guitar is frustrating. There willbe times that you will want to just put the guitar down and try it later... For some people, later never comes. So just work hard for it. Grab yourself a beginner book that has a chord chart and some basic scales and basic techniques... then you can just pick up from there. It shouldn't be outside the realm of possibility to learn 10 chords in under 2 months...

Aim at learning 2 chords a week... And while you're learning those... simply add two new chords in every week... and practice them accumulatively throughout the two months. Remember... it's going to be frustrating if you can't do something right away... It just takes practice. Your hands might hurt a bit too... But that will all go away.
# 4
suicidalmoose
Full Access
suicidalmoose
Full Access
07/19/2006 4:05 pm
oh and the ever important alt pick everything.
# 5
glitchead
glitchead
07/20/2006 3:02 pm
Give me some more insight on that alt (pick everything), as in?
# 6
aschleman
aschleman
07/20/2006 3:25 pm
Meaning... anytime you're picking something, making sure that you're alternate picking. If you're strumming, make sure you don't get in the routine of always strumming down... make sure you're using upstrokes and down strokes... Alternate picking general is associated with soloing and playing single notes... It's basically combinging up and down strokes to pluck the strings faster and more accurately... that's my rough insight on it... Alternate picking is the most basic technique that you should learn...
# 7
guitarboy313
guitarboy313
08/16/2006 3:01 pm
I think it is more of an energy song it don't help that I'm listening to summer of 69 by Brian Adams but.

I can give advice for this if you want it to catch people and make them raise out of their seats have more or less of sucha steriotype we got to pull out of the sadness emo days.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Everything is over rated except guitars drums basses and pianos.[/FONT]
# 8
glitchead
glitchead
08/17/2006 2:17 pm
Originally Posted by: guitarboy313I think it is more of an energy song it don't help that I'm listening to summer of 69 by Brian Adams but.

I can give advice for this if you want it to catch people and make them raise out of their seats have more or less of sucha steriotype we got to pull out of the sadness emo days.

Thanks mate
but u gatta help me throw more light on what ur trying to say here.
# 9
guitarboy313
guitarboy313
08/18/2006 2:53 am
Well on guitar take the hole thing and reverse it like instead of minor chords use majors use barr if you would like. Use a higher register to sing not such a sad one. Expirement with picks and kinds of picking/strumming styles. Try not making it so sad we got to get out of the emo sad love song days.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Everything is over rated except guitars drums basses and pianos.[/FONT]
# 10
acapella
acapella
08/23/2006 4:10 am
Well glitchead, I think that what guitarboy is saying is that instead of writing sad songs, people should write happy, "powerful" songs. But the thing is, guitarboy, that how can you write a happy song when you feel sad? To me songwriting is a reflection of how a person feels inside, and you can't write something that you don't feel. Or do I misunderstand you?
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 11
glitchead
glitchead
08/23/2006 1:43 pm
One's state of mind to be precise....
I believe what matters is something that can take on the audience..
Sad or happy is great to me,something one can relate.
Thanx Acappella
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.