View post (Crisis In the Middle East)

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/20/2006 12:07 am
Originally Posted by: jimmy_kwtxJust a quick question.

How many people that have replied to this post have military experience for their respective governments?

I do. Did four years active in the USAF.

Jimmy-sorry for your families loss. And I can relate to your post in a lot of ways. For those of us who donned the green and did our part, it can be tough some times to appreciate the opinons of others who did not serve. It took me a long to realize that just because they didn't serve doesn't make them any less patriotic or love their country any less than the vets. Although I do think our opinion is just as valid as any other, especially since we did serve.

It's funny but here I am, a vet and yet if I had to pigeonhole myself into one of the two more popular political camps in this country, I would call myself a liberal. But that's not really true I suppose. More of an independent. Be that as it may, I love my country, warts and all, and will do what I need to do to protect it. And protect all of it including, in my opinion, the most vital of the rights of every American, to say as they please when it comes to our country and government.

I do not like the current administration. I think that they have taken many decades of progress and shipped it backwards through time about 100 years and I also believe it will take another several decades to get us back on track. Point is, he is the President. If I were still in, I would still go as ordered and fight as ordered. "Ours is not to reason why..."

This current crisis has been years in the making and it won't end any time soon. I feel deeply for those directly involved and as stated early in this thread, pray daily for peace and wisdom. Sadly, we're talking human beings here. Peace and wisdom are not things that we humans do very easily or very well.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]