Maintaining a friggin pool

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/06/2006 4:41 pm
Anybody else have a backyard pool??

I'm going friggin nuts with this thing. I spend like, 2 hours a day cleaning it...adding clorine and all the other crap. But the water is still so cloudy you can't see the bottom.

How the hell do you clean up the water????

I tried shocking it twice.. adding clorine, clarifier, algacide.
Now I'm heading out to Canadian Tire to get more junk....
It's costing me a fortune.
# 1
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
07/06/2006 4:47 pm
yeah, mine is a mission, but once its clean, its easy to maintain
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 2
rockonn91
rockonn91
07/06/2006 5:19 pm
Im a lifeguard. So I deal with larger pools. but luckilly, its easier to work with, because of the pumps and stuff.

sounds like your filter isnt working very well. play with your pump.

oh, and dont play in the water after shocking it. :D
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 3
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/06/2006 5:49 pm
AS long as you keep the filter going and get one of those floating chlorine dispensers (you put a solid capsule inside every so often) you should be good. That what I did with my old pool and the water stayed clean and clear. Also, covering it up when not in use might help.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 4
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
07/06/2006 5:49 pm
Your in luck I work in a water lab, First adjust the PH to 7.2 Then add about a pound of stablizer this will cause the water to hold the hypoclorite longer if you already put in algacide & clairifer thats ok once the PH is 7.2 and Stablizer has been in for about 3 to 4 hours Shock again and it will take about 2 or 3 days to clear up Good luck. YOU MUST AT ALL TIMES KEEP THE WATER BALANCED. :D
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 5
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
07/07/2006 1:44 am
Here'a a similar thread... >link<
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 6
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
07/07/2006 2:19 am
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaHere'a a similar thread... >link<

Red food colouring? :confused: I was out to lunch that day...
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 7
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
07/07/2006 4:03 pm
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanRed food colouring? :confused: I was out to lunch that day...

Red food coloring and a Mars bar is the cure for anything. This one time I was asked to conjure up a demon from the spirit world Alakamucajina. So, I go grab a mars bar and some red food coloring... eat half the mars bar... feed the other half to my lil' buddy (the squirel)... poured 1/4 teaspoon of the red food coloring into the toilet... took a dump in the same toilet because the mars bar upset my stomach.... tried to flush the toilet, but the beast just was not going down... So, I called my friend into the bathroom, to show him this amazingly huge... uhm.. you get the picture... Anyway, he comes in there (he's the one who asked me to conjure up the demon from the spirit world Alakimonodragon) and starts freaking out screaming, after looking in the toilet, "OMG you really were able to conjure up a demon from the spirit world Alakubimpkatoto!!!" :eek:

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 8
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
07/07/2006 4:31 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaRed food coloring and a Mars bar is the cure for anything. This one time I was asked to conjure up a demon from the spirit world Alakamucajina. So, I go grab a mars bar and some red food coloring... eat half the mars bar... feed the other half to my lil' buddy (the squirel)... poured 1/4 teaspoon of the red food coloring into the toilet... took a dump in the same toilet because the mars bar upset my stomach.... tried to flush the toilet, but the beast just was not going down... So, I called my friend into the bathroom, to show him this amazingly huge... uhm.. you get the picture... Anyway, he comes in there (he's the one who asked me to conjure up the demon from the spirit world Alakimonodragon) and starts freaking out screaming, after looking in the toilet, "OMG you really were able to conjure up a demon from the spirit world Alakubimpkatoto!!!" :eek:

I don't even know how to respond to that..... it kind of scares me. :confused:
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 9
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
07/07/2006 4:54 pm
Originally Posted by: Tonja_ReneeI don't even know how to respond to that..... it kind of scares me. :confused:

The funny thing is.. you were in my bedroom while all of this was going on :eek:

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 10
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/07/2006 5:27 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaThe funny thing is.. you were in my bedroom while all of this was going on :eek:

Lmao! I'd rep but you know the drill.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 11
jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
07/07/2006 6:10 pm
Originally Posted by: elklandercc

Lmao! I'd rep but you know the drill.

Love the emoticon or emit-icon? :p

+1

*****SAME DRILL***** :mad:
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I reject your reality and substitue my own[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]BYAAAAAAAAAAAH![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]But it goes to eleven....[/FONT]
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.