Gots me a new bass guitar

acapella
acapella
07/04/2006 4:57 am
Well, I went down to the old music store with every intention of getting that Jazz Bass. But I thought about what you guys said, and I tried out some Yamahas. I was blown away! So much louder, the tonal range is amazing, more comfortable to play, AND cheaper. I ended up walking away with a Yamaha BB614. And as I say, it's a dream. Everybody except Brendon loves it. Brendon says it's ugly as sin. I love it, and when my dad stopped in and heard us playing tonight he said that it sounds way better and louder than my old one. I think it cuts through everything else great, and since it has active pickups, if it isn't cutting through, I can make it cut through. Turns out active pickups are great for bass. And Yamaha is great too! Oh yeah, and I got the guy to put on some flatwound strings too, because I found out that I love flatwounds. Now I'm broke, but who cares? I have a great bass. If you want to check it out, click here, mine looks pretty much just like the one in the picture there (yellow natural).
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 1
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
07/04/2006 3:23 pm
Good job kid. I kinda have to agree with earthman but it's what you like right?!
My bass player has the 6 string fretless yamaha, and i was quite impressed with it. The active pickups do make a difference. Just keep an extra battery on hand. ;)
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 2
rockonn91
rockonn91
07/04/2006 3:49 pm
yeah, my bud that I play with has a yamaha. I couldnt find it on that website, but it really is an awesome bass. really easy to play, you can slap on it, tap on it, all that jazz.

kudos!
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 3
earthman buck
earthman buck
07/04/2006 5:16 pm
I gotta say, that bass does sound good. It's just the ugly that gets me. I think you should spray-paint dirty words on it.
# 4
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
07/04/2006 5:36 pm
Im looking for a bass with active pick ups, I like the way my bass plays and feels but it has something missing in the tone :( Do you think I should install active pickups or buy another bass?
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.