View post (Gots me a new bass guitar)

View thread

acapella
acapella
07/04/2006 4:57 am
Well, I went down to the old music store with every intention of getting that Jazz Bass. But I thought about what you guys said, and I tried out some Yamahas. I was blown away! So much louder, the tonal range is amazing, more comfortable to play, AND cheaper. I ended up walking away with a Yamaha BB614. And as I say, it's a dream. Everybody except Brendon loves it. Brendon says it's ugly as sin. I love it, and when my dad stopped in and heard us playing tonight he said that it sounds way better and louder than my old one. I think it cuts through everything else great, and since it has active pickups, if it isn't cutting through, I can make it cut through. Turns out active pickups are great for bass. And Yamaha is great too! Oh yeah, and I got the guy to put on some flatwound strings too, because I found out that I love flatwounds. Now I'm broke, but who cares? I have a great bass. If you want to check it out, click here, mine looks pretty much just like the one in the picture there (yellow natural).
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.