Changing my bucker'

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/04/2006 12:58 am
I finally got around to getting a new bridge pickup for my Shecter. So if someone could give me a little help on changing it woulbe be much appreciated :D .

The guitar is a Shecter C1-classic, it has a tone and a volume pot with a 5 way switch. When I ordered the pu it said it comes with an easy connect thing. The pu doesnt come till thursday or friday so I still have some time to firgure out whats goin on. If a pic is needed of the insides for better help, just let me know.

..Sorry if I sound like a newbe, but I'm quite un-educated on the subject....but I did use the search button :rolleyes:
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/04/2006 2:19 am
Originally Posted by: elklandercc...Sorry if I sound like a newbe, but I'm quite un-educated on the subject....but I did use the search button :rolleyes:

Sometimes, ya gotta know where to >look<. :)
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/04/2006 5:47 pm
Originally Posted by: LordathestringsSometimes, ya gotta know where to >look<. :)

Ahh thank your sir. That should be made a sticky.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/04/2006 5:52 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccAhh thank your sir. That should be made a sticky.

Excellent suggestion!

Done! :)
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/05/2006 4:13 am
Originally Posted by: LordathestringsExcellent suggestion!

Done! :)

I try :rolleyes:

Myspace
# 5
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/06/2006 3:27 pm
Well the pickup came yesterday (yay early arrival) but there was a slight dilemma. After gettin the pup ready to put in I noticed there was no diagram for my guitar setup. I read through Pony's thread and thought I knew what I was doing until the cable comming from the new pup had wires pre-soldered together. So I went to EMG's site and saw that most of their pups don't have the coil split capabilities, and that if I wired it in with my 5 way switch that position 2 would be a dead spot and could ruin my speakers if I switched to it. So I called EMG for help (I figured I would have to re-wire) and they were closed for the day so I left a message with the tech. He called a few minutes ago and said the website was right, but since I have one of the HZ models (HZ-4), they have the coil splitting capabilities and can be wired in no problem that I can just de-solder the wires, and that the quick connect cable is not made by them but another company and that they pre-solder the wires for some reason (I forget what he said.) So I'm off to solder on the new pup.

Myspace
# 6
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/06/2006 5:07 pm
Soldered it in and plugged in....and the pickup sounds..not so good. Its got a blues honk/glisten to it and I hate that. It sounds pretty good on the highs but the lows have that glisten and I just sounds bad. I'm gonna go put the old Duncan back in, I geuss I'm gonna stick with it now. Its a Jb and sounds great, but I want a more metal-ly sound. I'm gonna do some more searching around, but first I'm gonna send the EMG back....p.o.s. :mad: :(

Myspace
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.