View post (Looking to buy an Epi Les Paul Custom)

View thread

jreach
I am the Great Cornholio!
jreach
I am the Great Cornholio!
06/16/2006 6:33 pm
Yeah I was wondering about buying one online. We have one EPI dealer in town and its Guitar Center.

I really hate buying anything there because unless your buying the BEST top of the line gear they make ya feal like a idiot.

Not tooting my own horn but if I wanted to blow 5k or more on an axe I could certainly do it. Problem that I have with spending big money on an axe is 1. I am not good enough yet to justify the expense and 2. I dont play professionally its just for me in my house. I am in my mid 30's and don't expect that Van Halen or The Who will be needing my services anytime soon.

I thought I would test out what I want and just buy online...but your advice makes sense and its what I have been considering...what ifs????

Also, I read a great interview from Les Paul himself and posted it to my Blog. He thinks very highly of Les Paul. So based on your input and that of Les himself I am confident I will move forward. Now to decide how to buy it and where.

Any and all advice is appreciated....has anyone bought an axe online at Music123, Sweetwater or some other site?
I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it. That's technical talk.
—SRV