View post (Omg.. did you know?)

View thread

pure
pure
06/17/2006 6:45 pm
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyYou guys have drawing competitions. :confused:

well, I don't wanna start about the competitions. I'm through with them that stuff's rigged.

alright here's what happened. there was this competition where we win $200 if we can portray domestic violence in our own image. i happen to have a camera so I'll take a pic of what i drew in a few minutes. anyway, i had to drive to a college and submit my entry, and i drove there, took me about 30 minutes, then i had to find parking which is hell, submit my entry, wait for the judges to get there, explain my piece, and then there was a guy who was not there so he had a drawing submitted by somebody else. his drawing looked like ****!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg it looked like it took him 20 seconds to draw it, it was on torn up paper, not very good craftmanship, and he wrote, not typed, but wrote his description. my drawing took me 3 days of hard work after school and in school to complete. it was completely in ink and brush, and it looked so much better. i didn't have a description for mine cause i was there live and if you come live you don't need a description. i was sure i would win, my competition wasn't that good (i'm not saying that to be cocky, i mean it) so they told us to leave and they went on talking amongst themselves about the pieces and they said they'll announce the winner at the awards. so i wait about an hour for the awards and when its finally time, they said i was second place, won nothing at all, and they said my drawing was literally neck and neck against the guy who took 20 seconds to draw his. WDF!

so yea.

to answer your question, no, my school doesn't have art competitons but its sponsors hold competitions and you can enter if you want. but we have projects and stuff and nobody wants their piece graded after mine.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks