Piano chord to guitar?

gtnichol
gtnichol
06/03/2006 6:30 am
Hello all,

I am a complete amateur when it comes to sheet music and such so if this question seems a bit odd, that's why. I am wondering if there is a way to convert something consisting of multiple notes into a single note on a guitar???? For example, in the photo provided the played note is made up from a B, D and F notes. Is there a way to express this as a single note, perhaps a note whose chord is made up of these notes?

If anybody could shed some light on this for me it would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks....Greg :)
# 1
Julian Vickers
Julian Vickers
06/03/2006 10:44 am
Originally Posted by: gtnicholHello all,

I am a complete amateur when it comes to sheet music and such so if this question seems a bit odd, that's why. I am wondering if there is a way to convert something consisting of multiple notes into a single note on a guitar???? For example, in the photo provided the played note is made up from a B, D and F notes. Is there a way to express this as a single note, perhaps a note whose chord is made up of these notes?

If anybody could shed some light on this for me it would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks....Greg :)

Hi there,

I'll try to answer your question as best I can.

First of all, given that I see a Bb chord sign above the sheet music, I can only assume that in the key signature, the B note has been flattened, creating the notes Bb, D and F.

Now the definition of a chord, from what I understand (I can see all you people reaching for your dictionary's right now to contradict me), is three or more different tones played together, which means these three notes can be called a chord, the Bb major chord Now that Bb chord, being a major chord, has a distinct sort of sound. To change any one of those notes would make the chord sound very different.

Here are two ways of playing that chord on the guitar:

---------------------------------------------
-----6---------------------------------------
-----7---------------------------------------
-----8-----------3---------------------------
-----------------5---------------------------
-----------------6---------------------------

But on the guitar, this one would be more common way of playing it (as a barre chord):

----------6----------------------------------
----------7----------------------------------
----------8----------------------------------
----------8----------------------------------

I'm always bad at specifically answering peoples questions, I hope I helped nonetheless.
Miracle Blade 4: Gibs on touch.
# 2
equator
equator
06/03/2006 9:26 pm
I agree with Julian on this one.
We can only assume that the key signature has a Bb.
So, the notes in the Bb major chord are: [Bb,D,F]
And an eassy way to play that chord on the guitar would be like this..

e---------1---------
B---------3---------
G---------3----------
D---------X-----------
A---------X------------
E---------X------------
Someday I`ll play like in my dreams.

equator's Music Page.

# 3
vngtr_10
vngtr_10
06/06/2006 3:46 pm
hello greg, i hope i can help u.,the notes or photo tell it self,means u only strike the notes one time let it sustain for 2 and 1/2 count.couse its have eight doted note and eight note.did you see the long 3 curve line?they call it a tie,from dotted 8 note tie to another 8 notes.means long sound or simple sustain the sound. ;) good luck p.s. sorry about my english
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.