Weirdest situation ever

pure
pure
05/25/2006 12:22 am
ok a really good (Ex now)friend of mine, like the friend who has trust between you and him and you always hang out and stuff was askin for advice on how to ask a "secret crush" out and i was helping him out for a couple days till he finally told me who his secret crush was and turns out its the same person ive been planning to ask to be my girlfriend.

he found out i like her and tomorrow's the last day of school and the last day i can see her or talk to her since i dont have her number. and he has her in like all his classes. now he's been avoiding me and getting her to avoid me too.

now its a race to see who can ask her first cause im sure she likes us both

what should i do?
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 1
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
05/25/2006 12:25 am
In my opinion, if you are such good friends, I think you should talk it out with him, because if one of you does something than the other one might be angry or agitated, but if you talk to your friend about it maybe you guys can figure it out. I'm not an expert at this or anything, but I think that's what I would do.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 2
pure
pure
05/25/2006 12:36 am
yea i already talked to him thats how he found out i like her. i only see things getting worse for me cause he's got a better chance than i now. hes even got her phone number from when they were working on a group project.

i need some advice before i go to sleep its 9:14 pm here. anything will help.
# 3
k0ldfuz10n
k0ldfuz10n
05/25/2006 2:20 am
I've been through this back in high school. All you can really do is tell her how you feel and try not to be too spazed out when you do it (it'll only make you look stupid). If she doesn't choose you then oh well, at least you tried and in the end it's all you can do. Also, don't burn bridges with her, she may have hot friends ;)

Myself and a long time friend fought over a girl once, turned out she wasn't worth fighting over, matter of fact we laughed about it a couple of weeks ago over beers :rolleyes:
# 4
acapella
acapella
05/25/2006 4:50 am
Yeah, a girl is almost never worth losing a long-time friend over. It may seem like it at the time, but no. And yeah, talk it out. Why can't anybdody talk stuff out anymore? It works you know, even if you don't like it.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 5
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
05/25/2006 6:50 am
Originally Posted by: k0ldfuz10nI've been through this back in high school. All you can really do is tell her how you feel and try not to be too spazed out when you do it (it'll only make you look stupid). If she doesn't choose you then oh well, at least you tried and in the end it's all you can do. Also, don't burn bridges with her, she may have hot friends ;)

Too true. I know must sound cliched and stupid now, but you will feel much better after you tell her how you feel, whether she ends up going out with you or not. Not only will you feel better about yourself for having said something, but the lady in question will feel better about the situation - I'm sure she would much rather discover at once that both of you have fallen for you and then decide what to do, rather than only hear from your friend, start going out with him, and then find out later that you're burning the candle for her. That would be an even more awkward situation, for all of you.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 6
Julian Vickers
Julian Vickers
05/25/2006 7:00 am
Yeah, there was a girl who I took to the school ball in my senior year who I was totally obsessed with. At the after party I found her in the arms of one of my best friends, who I found out liked her too. It was a betrayal that I wouldn't have gotten over quickly if it hadn't been for her pretty much ditching both of us
for some guy who we could both hate together. :D

I got over her far faster than my friend did, thankfully.
Miracle Blade 4: Gibs on touch.
# 7
aschleman
aschleman
05/25/2006 12:50 pm
All you young guys try to find girls before summer gets here.... Me and my friends try to lose our girlfriends when summer gets here. It's the time to have fun and have great experiences and make great memories... I missed out on a lot of stuff in high school because I had a controlling girlfriend... and I lost a lot of friends because of it. Since then, I have regained my friends... But I will never let a girl come between me and my friends again... in particular my best friend. Now a days... when I meet a girl... the first thing personality wise that I notice is if she would get along with my friends... If she's going to want to take me away from my friends... then it's sianara... friends are the most important thing in a young persons life...
# 8
suicidalmoose
Full Access
suicidalmoose
Full Access
05/25/2006 3:31 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanAll you young guys try to find girls before summer gets here.... Me and my friends try to lose our girlfriends when summer gets here. It's the time to have fun and have great experiences and make great memories... I missed out on a lot of stuff in high school because I had a controlling girlfriend... and I lost a lot of friends because of it. Since then, I have regained my friends... But I will never let a girl come between me and my friends again... in particular my best friend. Now a days... when I meet a girl... the first thing personality wise that I notice is if she would get along with my friends... If she's going to want to take me away from my friends... then it's sianara... friends are the most important thing in a young persons life...

true that :P well i'm 17 and i have to say girls will consume u even if they're not controlling, it gets to the point where your mind kinda says i'd rather have an orgasm then hang out with my friends and u loose sight of what's important. though these sorts of situations are also good for testing friendships, i've had a dickhead friend before that kept trying to have sex with my girlfriends and almost succeeded once, well is screwed him over by stealing the girl he liked away from him (cause i really had the biggest mega crush on her) and made a heap of new friends.
# 9
aschleman
aschleman
05/25/2006 4:05 pm
Originally Posted by: suicidalmooseit gets to the point where your mind kinda says i'd rather have an orgasm then hang out with my friends and u loose sight of what's important.

True... I suppose 3-4 years ago when I was in high school I was in that... "hump everything" mode... I don't know I've completely pulled out of it yet... haha... but I atleast choose my girlfriends based on whether or not they'd fit in my life... rather than me giving up everything that I know to accomodate them... it's got to be a happy medium. But as for the "friend" thing. If you have this crush on her... tell her. If she doesn't feel that way about you... you don't have to see her all summer.. and maybe next year it will be different. Just let her know what's goin on... just like I've said before... "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
# 10
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
05/25/2006 6:12 pm
I would talk it over with my mate if I were you...

obviously, neither of you can expect the other to just pull out, but just so long as you both know that the other is interested, and after one of you is with her (if that even happens) you are all still mates...

just dont burn any bridges
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 11
rockonn91
rockonn91
05/25/2006 6:30 pm
this is one reason I never have official summer relationships. they're weird, and unless you see the person every day... they dont work.

so how'd it turn out, bud?
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 12
pure
pure
05/25/2006 6:53 pm
She Didn't Come. Its over.

plus my 'friend' invited everybody but me to a pool party. Wouldn't have went anyway but the fact is that he invited everybody but me.

So i lose. Both ways.
# 13
rockonn91
rockonn91
05/25/2006 7:00 pm
dont blame her. i wouldnt want to come on the last day eaither. well. at least he didnt win... hahahaa
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 14
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
05/25/2006 7:02 pm
hehe, she saw it coming! haha, well atleast now you have some time to talk it over with your friend
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 15
pure
pure
05/25/2006 7:17 pm
Originally Posted by: pureShe Didn't Come. Its over.

plus my 'friend' invited everybody but me to a pool party. Wouldn't have went anyway but the fact is that he invited everybody but me.

So i lose. Both ways.

I changed the post a bit. He's avoiding me on AIM and stuff so if he's gonna be a jerk about it i guess its not worth having a jerk as a friend.
# 16
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
05/25/2006 8:05 pm
Originally Posted by: pureI changed the post a bit. He's avoiding me on AIM and stuff so if he's gonna be a jerk about it i guess its not worth having a jerk as a friend.

I think you should still try to talk to him about it, just once. You don't know what's going on with him, yet. He could be feeling really messed up about it - and he is your mate.

And forget the girl. You're about to go on summer holidays, for goodness' sake, there won't be a shortage of them. :D
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 17
pure
pure
05/25/2006 9:45 pm
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusI think you should still try to talk to him about it, just once. You don't know what's going on with him, yet. He could be feeling really messed up about it - and he is your mate.

And forget the girl. You're about to go on summer holidays, for goodness' sake, there won't be a shortage of them. :D

dude ive been trying to talk to him. and he's been avoiding me. he doesnt live near me but he was (was) one of my best friends at school.
# 18
suicidalmoose
Full Access
suicidalmoose
Full Access
05/25/2006 10:06 pm
jus ring him up or somn and talk about something random.

or be like me and really to the point and randomly upfront to the point of hilarity and just ring him up and go so whats this about you avoiding me and i hear your having a pool party. wats he gonna say then :P
# 19
pure
pure
05/25/2006 10:14 pm
Originally Posted by: suicidalmoosejus ring him up or somn and talk about something random.

or be like me and really to the point and randomly upfront to the point of hilarity and just ring him up and go so whats this about you avoiding me and i hear your having a pool party. wats he gonna say then :P

if he doesnt wanna talk to me in real life, why cant he just hang up as soon as i call?

im taking akira's advice. I've got better friends. thanks all.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.