View post (Anyone have an XBox 360?)

View thread

suicidalmoose
Full Access
suicidalmoose
Full Access
05/23/2006 8:11 am
The PS3 was a dissapointment because after all that research and money and delay, they announced

1) that it would cost a crapload of money (and trust me a lot more then the x360 when it's released and

2) that the games were pretty standard (ie the graphics looked the same as xbox360) and

3) that the controller was almost EXACTLY the same except without the vibrate feature just so some flight sim nuts can use the controller to land their planes.

I'm not a fan of x360 or PS3 , I think the new generation of consoles is really a let down and they should have thought outside the square more and perhaps followed a nintendo esq appraoch (i've never been a nintendo fan but they are doing something right here) to the new generation and actually changed something rather then just beefing up the graphics and CPU power.

it's now up to the game developers to suprise us with the next generation, if they can do something on x360 or ps3 that truly is revolutionary then the next generation imo will begin, otherwise it's just console makers racing against pc hardware makers to squeeze out graphics performance.

Looks like Wii is the bet for a crazy fun next gen experience.