08/23/2006 10:05 am
purevolume for the win
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 1
jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
08/23/2006 7:41 pm
Finally!

Micro soft.. Dont upgrade 98 no more (to a blues beat)

Anyway, did get some uploads to Explorer, DirectX and Win Media and the error went away. Just took forever...Dial up.

Anyway enough with the history lesson. I will post the link in listening post.

Thanks for the info on other sites I will check into those also.

TTFN....
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I reject your reality and substitue my own[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]BYAAAAAAAAAAAH![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]But it goes to eleven....[/FONT]
# 2
jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
08/24/2006 2:59 pm
OK.

From the post I have in the "Listening.." section.

PRS- Just so I understand correctly what you were saying about the drums. They were done on a loop software and I did use excessive pans for the cymbals and snare. Either left or right. The kick was the only thing left dead center.

So what I have question wise. Should I use panning but only "hints" of it?

So in keeping the snare "strong" in the right channel I should only move the pan a little bit allowing for some of the sound to come out of the left? Same going for all of the different drum "pieces" or should I keep it all equal and adjust the total either left or right panning wise?

Am I confusing you yet? :p

What I did for the bass was record Stereo and had about 25% pan right for the effects mix (track2) and bounce (track3).

Would this be the same for the drum? or should I do all of the panning then when I imprt the drum loop in keep it at Stereo w/ no panning? (panning done in the loop creation).

Man, I'm confused now.

I look forward to the comments and tips.

# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
08/24/2006 3:50 pm
say what? :confused: lol

I wouldn't go any wider than 50% panning on any part of the drums. And yes, small hints of panning can open things up more than you would think. After you have set up your drum track/loop, import it into your project as a stereo track, and don't worry about any panning.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4
jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
08/25/2006 2:42 pm
This stuff is confusing!!! :rolleyes: LOL

I "redid" the drum track with minor panning. I will post that this evening.

Note to all others starting out-- I noticed that the original bass track I recorded had a "ghost" drum track behind it (very faint). I found this out when I "redid" the drum track and replaced the old one. So now I have to redo the bass also. Becuase there was about a 32nd delay between the drum track and the bass tracks "ghost drums".

Make sure that in the recording option (cakewalk guitar tracks 2 -do not know if this applies to any others) but only have the "line in" box checked. Originally I also had the "wave box" checked and this was why the "ghost drums" appeared.

If I can I will up load the newer tracks with guitar also this weekend. Have 2 methods I would like to get an opinion on.

I'll explain them when I post them.

TTFN....

# 5
jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
08/28/2006 11:24 pm
Sorry bout the late post.

Go to this linkhttp://www.soundclick.com/jimmy_kwtx

I have the track with drums only and the ghost drum track also.

Guitr stuff coming soon.

# 6
jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
08/30/2006 9:17 pm
New Question.

I have been toying with the "new" bass line (becuase of the ghost drum problem).

Would you reccomend laying down a "scratch" bass track first, lay down the rythm guitars, then redo the bass track?

I have been playing with cutting , pasting, punching in the bass parts (since I am not a "bass Player") there tends to be some bad notes etc. and I find that I can only lay down a good enough track for certain sections. Then I have to piece them together and (as you well may know) there tends to be spikes or you an hear the "transition" from one track to another.

I know that it is a common thing for the Studio sound guy to "paste and cut" tracks to get the finished product.

Should I just ignore it and try to "hide" it through the mixdown? (using Effects and Compression)

I am not looking for -- Setthe world on fire production just something that would sound well?

Thank you in advance,

Jimmy-- Byaah!!

# 7
Gasha
Gasha
09/08/2006 7:11 am
Hi everyone, I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been asked. How much of a difference does it make if I record guitar parts through the mic in port as opposed to using the line in? My laptop doesn't have a line in port at all.

I recorded a drum sequence on Nuendo 3.1 and then recorded some riffs over it, but there was this delay (a few milliseconds) which made it sound awful. And the clean tones sounded very muddy.

My guess is it's because of the stock connectors I'm using but maybe it's something else? Any suggestions?
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.