Hey checkout my first post!

force_of_shred
force_of_shred
05/04/2006 11:33 pm
This is two songs ive had kicking around for a while they are very organic sounding i believe the downfall is that i had and still have no drum machine so they are purely guitar songs.I recorded them both years ago with nothing but a $5 mic a tape deck and nero 6 software.

I am aware that these are both probably [U]Not[/U] at the same standard in quality that are usualy posted by guitar tricks users but i guess music is music and i would love to know what you all think of this. thanks :cool:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=536361
" "this tone ain't workin for me" is the first thing a guitar player says when he hasn't done his homework"- Bob Rock
# 1
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
05/05/2006 4:30 am
Not bad. According to your post count it's actually your 5th post. :eek:
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 2
force_of_shred
force_of_shred
05/05/2006 4:42 am
Originally Posted by: bigbudaNot bad. According to your post count it's actually your 5th post. :eek:

oh yeah what i meant wa its my first music post sorry. :o
" "this tone ain't workin for me" is the first thing a guitar player says when he hasn't done his homework"- Bob Rock
# 3
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
05/05/2006 6:28 am
Well done, man! I particularly liked "Dark Rock" - the harmonic shifts were quite interesting, and even though the riffs got a little lost at times, there were some bad-ass progressions there. :cool:

And dude, the sound quality is absolutely fine - believe me.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 4
force_of_shred
force_of_shred
05/05/2006 10:16 pm
Hey thanks man The the reason the riff gets a little lost would be that i was recording while i was practicing, and this riff just poped out, the rythm track was simply improvised variations. Lots worked some didn't, but over all it held up enough for me to want to slap a solo on it which also worked out for the most part.

Im sorry if ive seemed a little pushy about my sound quality its just that this is old and ive gotten a much better guitar and pickups since then. :D

thanks for the great feedback I don't mind critisisms either as long as they are based on reality. so anybody don't be afraid to comment I don't know anybody in person in which i can get any feedback exept for my older brother but he can be a dick at times. I have much more faith in any guitar tricks members and what they have to say about my music so thanks again.
# 5
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
05/05/2006 10:28 pm
Originally Posted by: force_of_shred
Im sorry if ive seemed a little pushy about my sound quality its just that this is old and ive gotten a much better guitar and pickups since then. :D

No worries, mate :) . Anyway, that guitar sounds pretty sweet to me - your newer recordings must sound great!
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 6
force_of_shred
force_of_shred
05/08/2006 11:54 pm
anyone else listen to it? constructive criticism is needed also I know somone must have somthing to say? :eek:
# 7
pure
pure
05/09/2006 2:47 am
they're really great i envy your improv skills and your sound recording quality. mine sucks. but my ten cents is sometimes the song seems a little rushed. you need to slow down sometimes and elaborate a little more on each of the ideas you have in the songs.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 8
force_of_shred
force_of_shred
05/09/2006 3:05 am
thanks man i would never have noticed that my song was rushed if you hadn't mentioned it.good feedback Id love to hear more from anyone else who has listened to them though. because i will be adding more suff frequently and i don't want to move on until i feel like ive herd most of what the goods and bads are about each of the two recordings. thanks a bunch Pure and anyone else feel free to reply . :D
# 9
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
05/09/2006 3:57 am
I think you already mentioned what's missing, and what could take it to the next level...and that's the drums. I know you were just spontaneously improv-ing, but you can just as easily improv with a drum loop, prolly even more so as certain parts could carry further with that backing rythym. I guess really it's not just as easily if you don't have a drum machine or whatever though. But yeah, I think to get a form of drums to practice and improv with would greatly improve anyone's creativity and ability to put parts cohesively together. I've used the drum tracks on my PS2 Music Generator out of necessity. But hey, they worked.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 10
force_of_shred
force_of_shred
05/15/2006 3:44 am
lol I guess its getting to be around that time where i should invest in a drum machine ive been playing recreationally for close to 7 years. You know any good value drum machines guys? :)

Glad you guys seemed to like them despite the rythm section :cool:
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.