Ordering Guitars

Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
04/26/2006 8:31 pm
Ok i ordered an ibanez Rg1527 7 string guitar from long and mcquadei live in canada and wanted to know if anyone has dealt with orderibng sometthing form the store or ibanez and if their time estimates were correct because at the store i was told about 3 months but this guy told me that at L&M it could even take a yearand also if you have any comments about the guitar write them if you want to
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/26/2006 11:46 pm
3 months to a year????? Holy crap I hope not. Unless it's on back order but still. I never dealt with them but that would be too long for anyone I would think.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/27/2006 12:35 am
I've dealt with them before and basically had to go to the manager before anything got done. I wouldn't order from them again unless I was dealing with either the manager or the owner.
# 3
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
04/27/2006 2:40 am
I've always had good experiences with their Calgary store. I went in to get a Bad Monkey distortion pedal from them, and they were out of stock. They said it would take a week to get some more. A week later, I got my pedal. The next day, I brought it back because it wasn't true-bypass, and sucked the tone out of my guitars. No problem. Full refund on-the-spot. I've never special-ordered anything, but I've been very pleased with their service on in-stock items.

It seems strange that anything would take that long to bring in, unless its a limited-production item that the factory only builds when they get an order. If the Canadian distributor has it in stock, it shouldn't take more than a week.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
04/28/2006 8:47 pm
They are ordering the guitar from ibanez in the US but it might be coming from asia or something but iunno why it would take three months but apparently ibanez makes the guitars onlty at certain times of year andf it might not be the right time when i just ordered it all this im not sure of but i hope it is no longer than 3 months because it will take me about 3 months to get that kind of cashbut yea i was told that this guy ordered a guitar from there and never got it after waiting about 11 months he found the same guitar in stock somewhere else. i really hope this guitar comes in because i have a ibanez rg320FM thats set up pretty well and i played the RG1527 and i played somkethnig and i went back to my 6 string to play it again and i played it faster on the 7 string even though the neck is bigger and 7 strings are getting more rare especially ones with floating trems. and i wanna get one before theyr'e all gone.
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 5
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
04/29/2006 6:49 am
3 months is a very long time to wait...it makes sense if its needs to be ordered and shipped and such, but 3 months? most custom shops can make you a new guitar, and ship it to you in that time.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.