View post (lookin for my first tube amp)

View thread

Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
04/19/2006 12:58 am
My suggestion is to stay away from amps that claim to do it all, unless your willing to do all at less then best results. Pick a genre you like and go and buy a head that is well suited, im not saying go buy a single channel raging amp that only has one setting, i am saying buy am amp for the charactertisc, and look for added benefits of a clean drive or overdrive etc. I have a the traynor that LOTS is talking about, its definitly safe. If i could do it again, which subsequently i am doing now...i would be a rock head and a clean head, not try to get one for both. But hey, there might be other things involved, for instances coverbands are gonna need some versitile stuff, or if your on the move, a light amp would be benefitial. For 2 grand CAD its entirly possible to get a really good dist. amp and really good. clean amp, or good heavy metal amp or what ever if you go the used route. If your the kinda guy who feels he needs all flavours go digital amps but dont espect to get 100 000 grand worht in sounds from a units thats 700 dollers.
WWSD? What would stevie do?