How Do I Choose Please Help I Need To Record

Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
03/22/2006 4:05 am
OKAY, all this recording stuff is scaring me i thought it was easy but now im being swayed to the recording on the computer but i got a bunch of questions about this comp stuff do i need hardware? how much is the software? do i need alot of computer upgrades for it? is there anything else i should know about this crazy wacky stuff? and is it easy to use software on the computer?

I heard Cubase Is Really good and useful

im looking to record guitar maybe drums but would probably use a drum machine most of the time. and alot of weird stuff i still dont know about

Well I Am extremely lost on this topic but i need to be found please anything would help even some information about separate recording units if there ones that can ccompete with computer software

Thanks to everyone who responds
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/22/2006 4:48 am
It's really hard to answer all those questions cause it would take hours to type out all the info you're really asking for. Then it'd take you weeks to read it and understand it fully.
About the only thing I can suggest is to try the search feature on the forum first. This question's been asked several times, so I'm sure there's already a ton of info available.
Secondly, if you're a High Bandwidth user, I've got a ton of step by step lessons on multitrack recording and Cubase. It'll take you right through doing the drum tracks to adding the bass, guitar, synth, strings, vocals, harmonies, effects and plug-ins & then mixdown and mastering... with all the neato stuff like MP3's and Pics.
After I'm finished doing this current series of lessons I'm working on, I'll be spending the next few weeks working on a video tutorial covering the subject in a bunch more detail.
# 2
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
03/23/2006 12:23 am
okay so i got another dillema i discovered should i really take all the time to lwearn all the computer stuff spend all the money to upgrade my computer or could i get a workstation like i was interested in the boss BR600 it has 8 tracks a built in drum machine and many many other features but then i could record a song using the drum machine guitar and bass but then i was told id need alot of tracks for each instrument i dont really understand why id need say like even up to 8 tracks just for drums but i wanted to know if i could manage with 8 tracks because its really in my price range and it seems like the perfect thing because its so small and has built in mics so i could record band rehearsals(not expecting great quailty but jsut enough to recognize the sound so we can dont forget anything new we bring that time and to record our songs temporarily as demos and also so i can write my own songs without having drums
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 3
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/23/2006 12:39 am
It sounds like it might be a better idea for what you want.
I'm not too familiar with the new digital workstations but I started on cassette based 4 tracks and found them adequate for many years of experimenting. I would never have used it to release anything commercially but it was great to learn how to do multitracking and record a band with.

Computer based software is more for when you're seriously getting into it.
Once you get good enough at it, and learn all the complexities, it's the next best thing to booking time in a real studio. In fact it's even better than spending money on somebody elses studio as long as you can afford some decent audio gear to go with it.
# 4
srpianojrguitar
srpianojrguitar
03/24/2006 8:22 pm
i was gettin all confused about recording and prices and stuff, but i figured out how to without spendin a dime. i used audacity to record. I found an old comp mic and just layed it on my keyboard speaker and voila.
You come into this world naked, you leave this world naked

-You dont leave the world naked

You do if you plan it right

HEYYY AQUAALUNNGGGGG!
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.