Things I do instead of sleeping.

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
03/17/2006 6:42 pm
I find that I usually economy pick. I do more alt. picking, but if I pay attention to how I'm picking, I realize that I'm economy picking as well. Also, if I pay attention to how I'm picking, it screws me all up. For instance, I was running through a pentatonic scale the other day, and decided to slow down to see how I was picking each note. Well, I couldn't even make it to the 3rd string withought screwing up. So I said the heck with it and played at normal speed, not paying attention to how I was playing, and had no trouble at all. :confused:

Oh, and things I do instead of sleeping..... I usually come up with my coolest riffs late at night, when I'm tired and should be sleeping. So, I just piddle around on my guitar, and keep Sonar handy for when/if I come up with something cool. I also draw a lot (digital art) in Illustrator. I've pretty much become obsessed with it.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 1
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/17/2006 6:49 pm
I also come up with my best riffs late at night. I think it's because my mind isn't in the same place it is in the daytime, so I have different playing habits.

I also find it easier to record at night.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 2
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/17/2006 7:32 pm
If I can't sleep, I usually study for Legal Studies. That gets me back to sleep soon enough.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 3
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/17/2006 8:06 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonSo, when you're high?

No sir! Down with dope, up with hope!
# 4
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
03/17/2006 8:08 pm
when ur'e high... inspiration comes in a snap...

and ull become more creative
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 5
aschleman
aschleman
03/17/2006 8:23 pm
Originally Posted by: jeffhxwhen ur'e high... inspiration comes in a snap...

and ull become more creative

Studies show that with marijuana... that is, infact, correct... BUT only in people that have a naturally creative mind. In people that scored well in an artistic and creative portion of an aptitude test showed that it enhances the senses and stimulates the mind to act in a way that makes certain things standout. Like certain sounds or patterns of sound (as with guitar). Some subjects were able to pick out certain sounds that they weren't able to pick out when they did the control experiment in a sober state... Some people react to different patterns of light or colors as well... The subjects that scored well on the scholastic portion of the placement test were found to have more of a depressent reaction to the drug. The subjects overall senses were dulled and weren't any more or less creative. Brain function was slowed in an experiment that tested basic mathematics and literary skills... The numbers were obviously a lot lower in the literary skills but surpriseingly not significantly lower on mathematics... It was thought that since basic math is done in a different portion of the brain than deductive reasoning marijuana only effects certain parts of the brain or certain functions of the brain... That was a little bit from a research paper I did in high school....
# 6
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/17/2006 9:11 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanStudies show that with marijuana... that is, infact, correct... BUT only in people that have a naturally creative mind. In people that scored well in an artistic and creative portion of an aptitude test showed that it enhances the senses and stimulates the mind to act in a way that makes certain things standout. Like certain sounds or patterns of sound (as with guitar). Some subjects were able to pick out certain sounds that they weren't able to pick out when they did the control experiment in a sober state... Some people react to different patterns of light or colors as well... The subjects that scored well on the scholastic portion of the placement test were found to have more of a depressent reaction to the drug. The subjects overall senses were dulled and weren't any more or less creative. Brain function was slowed in an experiment that tested basic mathematics and literary skills... The numbers were obviously a lot lower in the literary skills but surpriseingly not significantly lower on mathematics... It was thought that since basic math is done in a different portion of the brain than deductive reasoning marijuana only effects certain parts of the brain or certain functions of the brain... That was a little bit from a research paper I did in high school....

Bottom line: drugs are pointless. Don't touch 'em.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 7
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/17/2006 9:33 pm
It's funny. To me drugs have just been like wearing a dress-something I just didn't want to do. I was never afraid of them, I just never felt like filling myself up with smoke to look cool for the guys.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 8
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
03/18/2006 2:06 am
hmm.. interesting point... perhaps i can take this issue into consideration as an experiment for my shrink study thingy....
# 9
rockonn91
rockonn91
03/18/2006 2:32 am
i dont like shrinks. they freak me out.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 10
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
03/18/2006 2:36 am
generally ppl hate shrinks... why is that???!!! shrinks are kind and helpful people... lol... tht sounded abit scary but... y do shrinks freak u out?
# 11
rockonn91
rockonn91
03/18/2006 2:43 am
just how they talk to you. its supposed to be so soothing or whatever, but it always ends up making me want to punch their faces in.

now if i came into an office with someone who talks to me like a normal person... that would work.

# 12
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
03/18/2006 2:50 am
Originally Posted by: jeffhxgenerally ppl hate shrinks... why is that???!!! shrinks are kind and helpful people... lol... tht sounded abit scary but... y do shrinks freak u out?

Cuz they answer everything with a question...you're well on your way. How does that make you feel? j/k:rolleyes:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 13
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/18/2006 2:56 am
Originally Posted by: rockonn91i dont like shrinks. they freak me out.

I'm thinking about becoming a shrink... I guess I'm destined to be a pariah :o

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 14
rockonn91
rockonn91
03/18/2006 3:04 am
no man... NOT YOU TOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*backs away with sheer horror*

# 15
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/18/2006 3:06 am
Originally Posted by: rockonn91no man... NOT YOU TOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*backs away with sheer horror*

*speaks in breathy, soothing voice* Relax, rockonn. Why don't you sit down and tell me about your childhood?

:rolleyes:

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 16
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
03/18/2006 3:37 am
LMAO!! imagine michael jackson's saying that man... that is downright freaky

geez guys... i guess it depends on the shrink... its good feedback..so i know how to go my way arnd it in the future... replying with too much questions is annoying huh... well i dont really think i wanna be like the ones u see in movies... i have passion for the anatomical side of psychology... yessss yesss

*thunder crashes

mwahahahahaha.... the braaaaiinnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!! yesss yessssssssss
# 17
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/18/2006 4:03 am
Originally Posted by: jeffhxLMAO!! imagine michael jackson's saying that man... that is downright freaky

geez guys... i guess it depends on the shrink... its good feedback..so i know how to go my way arnd it in the future... replying with too much questions is annoying huh... well i dont really think i wanna be like the ones u see in movies... i have passion for the anatomical side of psychology... yessss yesss

*thunder crashes

mwahahahahaha.... the braaaaiinnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!! yesss yessssssssss

*slaps you*
*snatches the brain you're holding in your hands and runs away into the damp summer night*
# 18
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/18/2006 4:21 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonUp down up down up down ad infinitum.

yep, that's what I do instead of sleeping :D
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 19
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
03/18/2006 4:25 am
*fixes glasses due to slap... runs to 19th century car in white lab coat... opens door starts engine..."COMEEEEEEE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKK YOU EARTHMAAAANNNN!!!

*thunder crash

youuuu da devillll you da deviiiiillllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.