Taynor (sp?) and Krank amps.

Vegas Wierdo
Vegas Wierdo
03/16/2006 2:06 am
Well... I was perusing online about Taynor amps... I think I'd like to investigate their 2x12 tube combo amp. From the description it sounds like you get a lot for your dough, though I have to wonder as to why they're not more well-known. Is there good reason or no particular reason or dumb reason as to why that is? Or am I missing something here? I just want the straight dope. :confused:

Also... there's these Krank amps (i.e. the Revolution, the Krankenstein, etc.) that I've been hearing and reading talk about lately. How are those? Do they live up to the hype? How would they stack up (pun intended) against a Marshall or Mesa Boogie?
# 1
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
03/16/2006 10:51 pm
MY dream rig is a Krankenstien half/full stack. I've heard many sound clips and have heard/watched bands use them at local shows. Dear god do I want one :( . I know KRank worked really hard and long on the Krankenstien ( Diembag's rig.) They placed all the components in a certain way in that, so they say (havent played on one personally so I can't veryify) , that it eliminates the need for a noise gate. They also put out a great deal of gain.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 2
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
03/17/2006 5:02 am
I have a traynor 80 watt 2 12" . It is essiently a lower priced fender deville/deluxe knock off. So if you like the fender deville then your gonna like the traynor. When i first got the traynor i was impressed for the cost then i fell out with it and as i played more and more amps i realized what a good amp it is. Its a work horse, nothing more, nothing less, but its like the fat ugly girl friend you keep at home...sure you dont bring her to see your friends but your sure happy thats she waiting for you at home! With that said the fender deville is better on the cleans, but traynor is better on the distortion. Break up occurs around 5 on master 10 on clean vol. They now come with a vintage 30 if i can recall..the model i have has a celestion 70/80...not a bad speaker but not a good one.

As far as the Krankienstien, i ve heard nothing but badddd about them. I hear from people who have owned and played them that they sound too synthetic and that bands just have them on display due to Krank pushing the amp on anyone who will take it. However, i m only commenting from what i heard and your gonna have to try it out to see if its what you like. An interesting point...i heard Krank got kicked off of Harmony central for writing thier own reviews...i always wondered why i couldnt find Krank...(this may or maynot be true..)
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.