trans trem, steinberger, and custom guitars

Fret spider
Fret spider
03/07/2006 11:49 pm
recently i have been finding out about steinberger guitars. something that i really like the look of is the trans trem, which is basically a tremelo that doesn't go out of tune when u move it. so u can simulate using a slide by holding a chord shape and depressing or lifting the whammy bar.

but i also would like a piezo pickup, currently i cannot find a bridge/tremelo that offers both the trans trem and a piezo on the official steinberg website. i did find one that ed roman offers but from what i have read about i dont want him anywhere near my money. speaking of ed roman, a few days ago i thought he must be some guitar making god from all the information on his site, although he did seem to slag everyone off, but after some of the reviews ive heard i begin to dought that anythin he sed on his site is true. so do deep set necks work (sort of a cross between a thru neck and a set neck) or direct coupling, or is it all bollocks to get our money.

anyway back to the trans trem steinberg issue, personnelly i dont like the way most of his models look, i dont really like the fact hes cut the headstock off (for asthetic purposes), and the body shapes are either too small or a bit fat round the bottom. but i also know if u dont use a steinberger guitar it sort off screws up the trans trem. any ideas? and also i cant seem to find any to play in the guitar shops near me to see if i really like their sound. does anyone know?

lastly i live in england and i have been thinking of gettin a custom guitar, does anyone know anyone good? preferably in london or manchester.

any help with the above questions would be well appreciated.
# 1
Fret spider
Fret spider
03/09/2006 1:07 am
y wont anyone reply to my thread, i desperate pleeaaaaaseee
# 2
pure
pure
03/09/2006 3:59 am
personally, i dont think anybody here knows about what you're talking about or is able to help you, or else they would have replied. i myself cant help you because i never came across this issue and i dont like steinberger guitars... so good luck and sorry
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 3
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
03/09/2006 5:01 am
Originally Posted by: Fret spiderrecently i have been finding out about steinberger guitars. something that i really like the look of is the trans trem, which is basically a tremelo that doesn't go out of tune when u move it. so u can simulate using a slide by holding a chord shape and depressing or lifting the whammy bar.

but i also would like a piezo pickup, currently i cannot find a bridge/tremelo that offers both the trans trem and a piezo on the official steinberg website. i did find one that ed roman offers but from what i have read about i dont want him anywhere near my money. speaking of ed roman, a few days ago i thought he must be some guitar making god from all the information on his site, although he did seem to slag everyone off, but after some of the reviews ive heard i begin to dought that anythin he sed on his site is true. so do deep set necks work (sort of a cross between a thru neck and a set neck) or direct coupling, or is it all bollocks to get our money.

anyway back to the trans trem steinberg issue, personnelly i dont like the way most of his models look, i dont really like the fact hes cut the headstock off (for asthetic purposes), and the body shapes are either too small or a bit fat round the bottom. but i also know if u dont use a steinberger guitar it sort off screws up the trans trem. any ideas? and also i cant seem to find any to play in the guitar shops near me to see if i really like their sound. does anyone know?

lastly i live in england and i have been thinking of gettin a custom guitar, does anyone know anyone good? preferably in london or manchester.

any help with the above questions would be well appreciated.

I can help you with the custom guitar thing...try Nathan Sheppard...(located in Somerset...near Bristol I think...go to www.nathansheppardguitars.com he makes very beautiful and great sounding guitars...I would love to own one...he also makes a model with two p-90's working as a sort of super humbuckers) or Black Machine located in North London...www.blackmachine.net I think...Doug makes Ibanez-ish guitars...some with gorgeous ebony tops...he makes a wicked 8string model.

There are a few good Luthiers in England...Pendell's guitars are worth a look...search online, dunno the website...as are Arrowhead guitars...

But my favs would just have to be Nathan Sheppards...I reckon they're the best guitars in the world.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 4
Fret spider
Fret spider
03/09/2006 9:14 pm
oww well worth a try, but thanks for the names of the custum shops
# 5
staggman
staggman
06/24/2007 2:15 pm
Ressurected Guitar Forum....

me & toddy (My Wife) are trying to get our guitar forum running again we will be a family friendly musician/Guitar orientated forum we used to be a Les Paul only.... but not now all are welcome even if you don't play but would just like to chat after all you can hear any of us with our contributions to 'Soundclick' & hope you enjoy our music or subnit your own...

We will be here for chatting or advancing your music prospects it's all up to you...feeling lonley?.. then we are here to talk joke & be a great big family just enjoy....all ages welcome No Racism No Sexism No Nastiness just friends...stagg'N'toddy X X

If you would like to joi us we are here at....;

http://amateursongs.iphorum.com/

"Excuse us...while we kiss the sky!" x x x x x
http://amateursongs.iphorum.com/
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.