View post (Arg)

View thread

Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
03/04/2006 8:14 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiI tried going to a bar again tonight. It sucked. I had no idea what to do. The counter was so crowded that I couldn't get within 3 meters of it, all of the tables were taken, and all I could do was stand around looking like an idiot for a minute until I said f*ck it and left. I have no friends who drink so I don't know anyone who frequents any bars so I figured this forum might be a good source for advice. What the f*ck do you do? How do you procure and enjoy a drink in a bar? How do you relax when there isn't even a place to rest your feet?

I loves me wild turkey 101. It's drinkable in a 6oz glass like wine if you have any testicular fortitude. It has an excellent fresh out-of-the-oak flavor, it has a pleasant balance of warmth and woody richness, and it has a long and patriotic heritage. I need a motorcycle.

OK - we discussed this a little last night - but if you want an answer...

Welcome to the world of Bars on the weekend - no one that I know every goes to a bar on the weekend to relax... They go to have fun....

I went to out last weekend to a local bar here called Pogue Fido.... They usually have live bands on the weekend and I wanted to see this one.. Well like always the place was jammed.

You squeeze your way in find a place at the bar - you have to be assertive and don't be afraid to get close to someone - most of them a drunk anyway and they aren't going to care.... get a drink and then find a spot to stand - I usually make a bee-line straight to the dance floor close to the stage and let loose...

You go there to have fun - there is no written law of etiquette, no secret password. You just go and have fun... Remember that most people in a bar late on a Friday night is half buzzed anyway...

I don't know what else to tell you. If it gives you any consolation - last weekend I was dancing and this guy just comes up and starts dancing with the bunch of us - we didn't care, we danced with him - he was in his glory dancing with four women... We didn't take him home or anything - we just danced - and it was fun... I think his name was Rob, but I can't be sure - the band was playing Metallica at the time and people were screaming I think.. :D
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.