"Whom To Marry Or Not To Marry..."

Joseph
Joseph
06/30/2001 3:56 am
Vitalogy: 1. Two people of similar complexion and temperment should never marry. If they do, it will prove a failure...

3. A nervous, fidgety person should not marry another nervous person? etc, etc, etc... Its a great album by the way...

Of course its most unlikely that we could find some who has the exact same interests as ourselves as well as the same disposition. But perhaps this should be percieved as a blessing in disguise instead of a dangerous combination. Perhaps our soul mates are waiting for us at the end the rainbow, and perhaps we are just too afraid to look at times. Then again, in the beginning of a relationship (where theres a strong attraction) we sometimes tend to find ourselves pacifying each other to the point where we don't know how to be ourselves, or what it is that the other person wants.

Well, the question remains, and its whether or not you would feel comfortable dating someone who is very much like yourself in almost everyway, the same temperment, the exact same interests, the same goals and dreams toward life, the whole shabang? I guess, the thing that scares us is that its almost like we're dating ourselves. I guess, we all wonder whether or not its possible that we've found this person, (whether or not she/exists) or perhaps we're just fooling ourselves. Where its too good to be true, or too much of an excuse to bail out of a good thing...

Well, this isn't exactly about guitars, but its something thats been on my mind, so give me some feedback guys...

Thanks...
-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Joseph
Joseph
07/02/2001 2:09 am
Hey guys, I'm not exactly talking about a ukulele here, but for anyone who has ever been in a serious relkationship, I'm sure this is something that has crossed your mind at one time or another. I'm curious as to what your thoughts are pertaining to this subject matter...

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 2
Siren Lydian
Siren Lydian
07/02/2001 5:24 am
you shouldn't sweat it man. Things happen for a reason, things are usually meant to be. You'll meet that special person. For now, live the present, enjoy being single while you can.
Don't live in the past or the future, and don't try so hard for things to be "perfect", maybe you have the wrong concept on what perfection really is. Just take things for what they are and realize that happiness is a temporary stage. Embrace life just the way it is. You'll appreciate things a lot more.

-Siren

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.