View post (does anybody care?)

View thread

stackny
stackny
03/18/2006 9:27 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsI don't mean to keep the debate going, but this struck me as odd. you use the laws of thermodynamics:

to try to disprove evolution. but wouldn't God making the earth out of nothing also defy the first law of thermodynamics? You have tried to explain how God uses science to perform the things he does in the past. So why would he do some things using science to achieve them, and others he just does out of the blue?

also, sure, the chances of life happening may be 1 in 10 to the 250th power, but if life were given an infinite number of chances, then eventually it had to happen. I mean, over the course of billions, trillions, maybe zillions of years, it had to happen at least once. And also, maybe we weren't the first try, and it took several attempts before life was given the perfect settings to exist. but it's definately a possibility. winning the lottery is improbable, yet possible, and it's not like nobody has ever won the lottery. if I were to go buy a lottery ticket today, I probably wouldn't win. but if I bought a lottery ticket once a day for a billion years, I would probably win it at least once.

Hahahahaha, now youre confusing 2 things. God and science, in the sense that youre using it, dont mesh. You cant scientifically explain how God created everything. Physics doesnt apply. However, after God made everything, then physics and science can be applied. Creation can not be scientifically explained.

You say it wouldve eventually happened: First of all, the first thing you need to address is where did the materials needed for life come from? Theyve never been found in meteorites. Second of all, by what forms of energy did they use to form DNA? Sure as heck wasnt sunlight with UV Rays without the Ozone, or we'd have a delicious fry on our hands. If there was the Ozone, then everything undergoes Oxidation and become simpler substances. Third of all, you need a living cell to carry out the functions of DNA and replicate. This is where the whole Law of Biogenisis kicks in. Life has never been found to come from non-life. It just doesnt add up.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.