View post (does anybody care?)

View thread

Gaddy
Gaddy
03/09/2006 4:56 pm
Originally Posted by: Rsam16

JOHN LENNON: Some years before during his interview with an American Magazine, he said:
"Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, Today we are more famous than Him" (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

John was hit four times, with only one bullet doing all the major (fatal) damage. Also, the actual quote from a fairly innocent piece (we didn't take his remarks as seriously) to Maureen Cleave, was published on 4th March 1966 by the London Evening Standard.
The quote was lifted by an American teen magazine, quite some time later. We all know what followed.

The actual quote was:

"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. ... We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first-rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."

I don't wish to demean your piece, but in a post supposedly explaining why John was killed, it's worth getting our facts right. :-)

Anyone interested in reading the article verbatim, will find it here.

http://www.geocities.com/nastymcquickly/articles/standard.html
[FONT=Garamond]Steve Gad[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]You may hear me upstairs, stamping my feet and kicking the furniture. That's just me 'warming up!'[/FONT]