"Home Sweet Home."

Joseph
Joseph
06/26/2001 3:43 am
As musicians we always wonder what it would be like to play a huge spectacular show in our hometown, but then again for a lot of us we would just like to travel as far from that place we home.

With the advantage of touring the world, we are given the opportunity to fully evaluate our surroundings, and which state feels like home. With that said, as a musician, is there a certain part of the world that you've always wanted to visit, (to play a concert in), a place that you feel that you would naturally accept as home?

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
06/26/2001 11:28 pm
Right where I am now is home, but the fact is that home doesn't accept myself and my music. Go figure.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
SteelSlider
SteelSlider
07/04/2001 10:53 am
I played with some groups who did opening acts for recording artists in the late 60s and early 70s. Six times I toured North America and once in Europe.
On stage, I'd have to say I was more in touch with the people in Europe than here.
I can't say where I'd like to play other than that. The pace is so fast and hecktic I never did any local exploring.
Fact is, I wouldn't want to play any where like that again.
Stress and fatigue is something most musicain face on the road, and the musicians who have never toured don't realize what it's like. I prefer studio work now. I'm an old man now anyway. Maybe that has a lot to do with it.
Slidin' on.
# 3
Joseph
Joseph
07/05/2001 3:39 am
Yeah, I think its safe to say that anyone who has had to slave back and fourth on the road would definitely have a better appreciation for home recordings. But seriously I would love to take out on the road, perhaps try Virginia and then move my way up. I know its a hassel for many people, and proven by their experiences, but I'm sure I would have no regrets after its all done. I'm sure we have all envisioned the perfect spot to play the perfect show at, but the truth is we'll never really know until we expand our horizans and see what the world has to offer. And to see what type of audience we can relate to, as well as take something back from...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
# 4
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/05/2001 9:13 pm
Touring definately sounds grueling, but I'de like to give it a try. The fact is I really love to go out and play for people.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
Joseph
Joseph
07/06/2001 2:39 am
Its something I havent done for quite sometime, too long actually. Of course I could create a million excuses, but its mainly because I can't find the right people down south, the right people who have enough patience (those whom I could fit into my busy schedule.) Personally as a musician, I have a tremendous amount of patience, and thats definitely something you need if you're thinking on terms of longevity. Ive just noiced that a lot of people today complain about the rigors of touring and the overall process of songwriting. is such a wonderful experience, something that I love, and for me its very important to record songs properly. I don't like to leave any stones unturned. And of course when you play a bad show, although the audience might not notice, its very hard to deal with when you know that everyone involved didn't give 100 percent. But still, I enjoy meetiung new people, and in more ways than one I'm very open minded. But I swear, if thre right opportunity came along, if I meet the right people I would just pick up and take that chance out on the road. But at this point my gut instinct is telling me to play it safe and wait..

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.