View post (Ripoff)

View thread

magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/22/2006 12:19 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiI decided to try going to a bar tonight for the first time and I'm kinda disappointed. The entire place was choked with cheap cigarette smoke and one can't even get more than 2/3 of a serving of liquor here for $3.50 without resorting to budget cat p*ss. Seriously, wtf?

Is this the norm or are there better bars where all y'all live?

No thats pretty much it. You can find bars where the drinks are a little cheaper. My wife goes to bingo at the local VFW. On friday nights (when I used to drink) I'd go with her and go downstairs to the bar where shots were $2.25 and a beer a $1.50. There was also a $.25 pool table and the best shooters in town would go there to play. That place is where I got good. It is also where I met a man named Bill Quinn, who happened to become a good friend and the owner of the studio I worked at. I was there one night and he and some friends started jamming a few tunes. I went home grabbed my ax and sat in with'em. He asked me to help him record some songs for his kids. The rest is history. Unfortunatly he got sick and had to sell the place. I guess the point is you never know where going out for a drink on a friday night can take you.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons