View post (yay! I got a new guitar!)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/21/2006 6:41 am
alright, so most of you know I have an ibanez GRX40, well, last week I got a second one. I got it used, and it was only $75. so I figured why not. I bought it as a project guitar, so hopefully soon the only thing original on it will be the body neck and fingerboard. I have alot of plans for it, starting with straplocks and a strap. which I plan on getting soon (though I may have to delay the project if I decide I want to get an xbox 360.. and I really do want one!) anyways, I have a question, do you think I could get a strat type pickguard onto it? I want to change the pickup combonation, probably to H/H or H/S/H and I know it has a universal pickup cavity, so all I would need to do to do that would be to get a new pickguard. so do you think one made for a strat (one from stewmac) would fit it? here's pictures of an ibanez (not mine, I'm too lazy to go take a picture of mine, so I took some pics from google) and a strat

Oh, and btw, I now have a GRX 40 in black, and one in jewel blue, now all I need is red and I can collect all three!!!

EDIT: upon side by side comparison of the two pictures, I realize the strat pickguard probably won't work.. hmm, maybe I'll just buy one of those blank pickguard things from stewmac, where you cut out your own shape.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace