Bare Knucles

holy diver
holy diver
02/19/2006 6:52 pm
Did vivian campbell USE the holydiver pickups that Bareknucle pickups sell (probably a stupid question but you can dismiss it as I was not born when he played with dio and he probably used a strat and I've never seen a strat with more than one humbucker.) or is that just the name due to the sound it produces? And could somebody tell me what the difference between standard bare knucles and calibrated ones is please (before asking this i guess i really should have found out what calibrated means, forgive that!)
# 1
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
02/20/2006 2:22 pm
well, Vivian Campbell almost certainly did not play Bare Knuckle pickups, as they are a relatively new company (I think)...They would have modeled their pickup on his sound (very accurately if their other pickups are anything to go by).

As for the callibrated sets and such, as far as I know, the sets are just pickups that have been specially matched to one another (as the pickups are handwound and scatterwound, each is individual...not like Duncans and DiMarzio).

In my opinion, any BareKnuckle pickup you get will make you so happy...(once again, in my opinion) the best pickups out there
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 2
holy diver
holy diver
02/20/2006 6:56 pm
so, as i would want two different pickups anyway, it would be pointless to dish out the extra cash to get callibrated ones?
# 3
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
02/21/2006 4:13 pm
I suppose...say you were to buy a HolYdiver set...you get get two Holy Divers, one spec'd for neck and one for Bridge...they would not be the same pickup...

I would rather split it and go for a Holy Diver in the bridge and an Emerald in the neck, or summin like that...look about and go to www.bareknucklepickups.com to hear some sound clips...
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.