View post (Your practise schedule?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
06/21/2001 4:04 am
For the first few years of musical education (when I was very young), I started out on panio (which really helped me gain a good ear for notes and melody, and I also practiced classical guitar religiously. As the years progressed, I concentrated on technique, and instead of learning several songs all the way through, I only focused on several different riffs, certain memorable elements from my favorite songs, and eventually I learned them straight through in their entirety, that is once I gained a higher level of education and patience. When starting out on guitar its very important to maintain a high level of enthusiasm...Overall, there are five basic areas of technique that should recieve constant attention: Single string technique (scales arpeggios);Chords and rhythm; Improvisation; ear training, and sight reading...

As of now, I tend to rely on my instincts, whn it comes to soloing, and everything else in between. But it really does take a lot of effort to get to this point, as well as a lot of confidence in what feels right... If I'm lucky, then I'll get a good solid four hours of playing everyday, but as the days progress, with relationships, and work schedules, theres hardly ever enough time to breathe...But thank God for the weekends..

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."