Master DISASTER!

sheepy770
sheepy770
02/07/2006 10:52 pm
so, im at my drummers house, we are about to record the bands ep. i plug all the drum mics(only 4, small demo setup) into my alesis multimix usb mixer. then i plug in, open cubase le on my GB ram 2gHz proccessor 80gb hard drive dell laptop. i press record for a stereo track, all goes well..until drummer fooks up, so i go to take another take. i delete the old one, press record again, and then a message comes up saying my buffer size is too small or my hard disk is not fast enough. fook knows how this happened, ive recorded stereo tracks on far less powerful PCs with the same speed hard drive rpm and had no problems. i then go into device setup and play around with loads of buffer and asio settings.....OH NO i say when my audio jumps about no matter what driver or buffer size i use, then when i try fixing the problem my soundcard just wont give me any sound in or out of cubase!! i tried new drivers etc. to no avail!! im so frustrated as i use this laptop to record all my music class stuff and have never had a problem!! any helllllllp? any at all please!!

sincerely, sheepy the crazy bastard
www.myspace.com/sheepyuk

listen, its free!lmao
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/07/2006 11:13 pm
If you've already tried all the buffer settings etc.. then you should call Cubase. You've got free tech support as long as you registered the software.

I've run into similar problems myself, but I'm on a Mac, so I don't know if it applies to your situation. Try using virtual memory and doubling the size of whatever ram you have. You'll get a warning that Cubase doesn't work well with virtual memory but just ignore it.
When you go to mix down, turn off the virtual memory so you get the screen draw speed back.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.