relative major

M.E.S
M.E.S
02/06/2006 5:48 pm
how do you find the relative major of a minor?
(\_/)
(o.o)
(^ ^)
this is buuny copy him into your signature and help him on his way to world domination
# 1
bunmiadefisayo
bunmiadefisayo
02/06/2006 6:20 pm
You can do it two ways that i know of;

1) play the minor triad, the middle note is the relative major. E.g Am= A C E and the middle note C is the relative major.

2) count up a minor third interval. I.e a tone and then a semitone from the note and you get your relative major. E.g A, a tone above A is B and a semitone above b is C and there you have your relative major which will be C.

easy as pie :)
# 2
MarkTiarra
MarkTiarra
02/06/2006 9:00 pm
If no one in your family is in the military than you don't have any relative majors... UGH! My guitar playing is better than my humor, I promise!

The way the scales/modes all fit together is really pretty simple. It all springs from the major scale... if you know that one scale you know all the rest.

First mode = major scale (Ionian).

If you play the major scale starting and finishing on the second note then you have just played Dorian, the second mode.

Start on the third and it's Phyrgian.

Fourth = Lydian, Fifth = Mixolydian, Sixth = Aeolian (the Minor scale), Seventh = Locrian.

So if you were playing a minor scale you are really starting and stopping on the 6th note in the major scale you are in.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.